Waiting Room for Windows 10 Mobile Build 10136

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Unforunately, I installed the latest build but I can't install any app. When I press the "uninstall" button, it shows only a small dot and you can remove it by pressing the home button. Any suggestion on how to uninstall the apps?

Thanks

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
YAY! A fellow 928 user!

please share how it goes after installing

i want to see what issues other 928 users may experience before i install

Sure thing! It's not my primary device so I'm not too worried. I'm currently at the 'We're getting there.." screen as it does the data migration.. so i'm close.

johndotcom83

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I always do a hard reset after a build

Some things to note about this build

The beta store for me started as the white older version, then updated to the new black version, then the app updates started to pour in. So give the build some time to get all its updates and then judge it

My music app didnt work out of the gate either, waiting for it to update and then try it again

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I couldn’t get the music app to work either. When I clicked on it, it brought me to the store but said it was already installed. I was able to get it to work by going into My Library from within the new Store and installing the Music Preview (I had both Music and Music Preview under All Apps). This got it working for me, although I’m not entirely sure this is the latest version of Music. I suspect some conflict is making Windows think Music is installed, but it’s not actually.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
So far all is good on my 520. It does feel faster once everything is finished downloading and a quick restart is done.
I was hoping the "all settings" button would make a comeback as per Windows 8.1. Also the Settings page looks nice off the bat, but then when you go further into the hierarchy it's just a mess again. So if I Hit System, the text should be accompanied by icons. Display should have a little monitor pic, phone a phone pic, etc.. People find things faster visually then reading text.

I do like that the start screen looks more polished. Thus far everything has been working fine.

When Wifi has no password and you click on Wifi in the quick actions area, it turns it on and simply says available. It does not take you to the wifi page. So all you can do is turn it on or off. I guess it's much better than taking you to a separate page in windows 8 if you just want to turn it off.

oooh wait, long press takes you to the Wifi area. That's nice and all but how are people supposed to know this sort of stuff? The average user won't try that.

Interesting long press takes you to all the settings in quick action. I kind of like that. hehe.

keezdriver1

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
This build is worse than the last one. My 1520 shows the phone as being off, there is no way to dial out. I can get calls in but that is no good. Same issue with outlook exchange, that was in the last build. No place to put my email password, just the email address and the email server. Exchange will not respond to a login attempt without a password. Guess I will be resetting my phone when I get home.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I always do a hard reset after a build

Some things to note about this build

The beta store for me started as the white older version, then updated to the new black version, then the app updates started to pour in. So give the build some time to get all its updates and then judge it

My music app didnt work out of the gate either, waiting for it to update and then try it again

How do you hard reset? I need to because my 1520 start screen tiles wont take up the whole screen. There's a gap on the right side

vijay aditya

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
hi,

i just bought lumia 930 factory unlocked from a Hong Kong operator in India.

how is the update on Lumia 930 country varient devices ?

can anyone please share their review?

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
How do you hard reset? I need to because my 1520 start screen tiles wont take up the whole screen. There's a gap on the right side

Your wallpaper you mean? You have to revert back to 8.1 then download the update for TP 10. Mine was like that on my Icon but reverted back to 8.1 cause too many problems, now the wallpaper fits the entire screen.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Your wallpaper you mean? You have to revert back to 8.1 then download the update for TP 10. Mine was like that on my Icon but reverted back to 8.1 cause too many problems, now the wallpaper fits the entire screen.

Nope, the wallpaper fits fine. Take up entire screen. The tiles wont go past a certain point. There's a large space on the right side that the tiles wont go to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria