[Wallpapers] Free Wallpapers for WP7 - Regular and Transparent Galleries

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I cooked up some wallpapers for WP7 lock screen and wanted to share them.

There are two sections now to choose from. Regular and Transparent. Each have their own instructions so I have included it all.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Regular Wallpapers: Windows Phone 7 Wallpaper Gallery | TheSa|nt's Blog

Instructions: Simply save them to your phone by viewing the page from your phone or from your PC using zune sync or email, as you would do any other normal wallpapers.

Transparent Wallpapers: Free Transparent Wallpapers for Windows Phone 7 (WP7) | TheSa|nt's Blog

Instructions: To set one as your wallpaper you must save the image to your PC. Send your an email from your PC to your cellphone with the image attached. Once the email/attachment has been loaded, click to open the attachment. Touch and hold the screen until the menu pops up. Set as your wallpaper and your ready to go!

I can't always guarantee that I can come through with every request but I will try when I can :) Most of the wallpapers were actually sponsored by donations so it helped. The rest I have to dabble with on my free time.

Update 04/22/2011 - Ok guys, biggest update yet! Collection had more than doubled with the additional of about 32 new anime-based wallpapers as well as more video game related.

Update 04/27/2011 - Thanks to the feature suggestion made by Big D5, I have reworked it so that you can share straight to your phone from the gallery (once you click on an image and it pops up, you can press and hold the mid-section of the image and choose "share"). Now you view the gallery from your phone and even email to yourself as an attachment while your at it. Note: obviously you don't want to choose "save image" as doing this will convert it causing it to lose it's transparent properties.

Update 05/07/2011 - I added a regular gallery of non-transparent images, as well as added more images in both galleries.

Update 09/09/2011 - Added the new collection of Conan Wallpapers (non-trans), also available in their own gallery here with collection zip: Conan Wallpaper Collection for WP7

Last edited:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
WoW_These are great I loaded the CODMW2 on it is easy and looks and works great. If you are taking requests a Black OPS screen saver would be something I would like to see. Thanks again for all the hard work I will try the rest of these later.

If you guys haven't tried a transparent wallpaper I recommend you give it a shot its really cool how it works.

:cool: Dave

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
WoW_These are great I loaded the CODMW2 on it is easy and looks and works great. If you are taking requests a Black OPS screen saver would be something I would like to see. Thanks again for all the hard work I will try the rest of these later.

If you guys haven't tried a transparent wallpaper I recommend you give it a shot its really cool how it works.

I shall see what the day's time allows.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I also want to add that I was able to email the pictures to myself using my phone no need for a PC. Open this page in your browser on your phone tap and hold on the wallpaper you want pick share from the list. I emailed the wallpaper from my Work email to my Live email. When the email comes in just fallow the instructions in the OP

"Once the email/attachment has been loaded, click to open the attachment. Touch and hold the screen until the menu pops up. Set as your wallpaper and your ready to go!"

I can do this on my Arrive with NoDo that sure if that makes a difference.

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site

Done. 3x WP's added to the first post.

I also added a bunch of other new ones.

Last edited:

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Nice, But...

There is no doubt that these are pretty sweet, but I may have missed something:

I see that these images are transparent, so I was under the impression that if used as the lock screen wallpaper, the start screen would be shown underneath/through them. It seems that I have followed the instructions acurately with one exception: I have sent them to myself with the same email account.

Am I missing something obvious?

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
There is no doubt that these are pretty sweet, but I may have missed something:

I see that these images are transparent, so I was under the impression that if used as the lock screen wallpaper, the start screen would be shown underneath/through them. It seems that I have followed the instructions acurately with one exception: I have sent them to myself with the same email account.

Am I missing something obvious?

It only works when you start to move your finger on the slide because WP7 blacks out the home screen when the lock screen is fully dropped. The second you start to slide up or down the home screen should appear in the BG.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Still Stumped

It only works when you start to move your finger on the slide because WP7 blacks out the home screen when the lock screen is fully dropped. The second you start to slide up or down the home screen should appear in the BG.

I tried another one, this time sending from Yahoo! to Hotmail. Downloaded to Saved Pictures. Set as Wallpaper/Lock Screen. I don't have a my device password protected. All of the backgrounds are sweet looking, and I can view the transparency in the pictures hub, but cannot get the transparency to show while dragging up the lock screen image.

It really doesn't matter that much to me, it's just frustrating not getting it to work.

I have am using an LG Quantum. Could this problem be device specific?

Has anyone else with a Quantum had luck getting this to work?

Last edited:

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
When you download to saved pictures you are changing the file type. Don't save the picture you have to assign the wallpaper from the email not from saved pictures. Try that see if it works for you

Reactions: VernonEL

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I tried another one, this time sending from Yahoo! to Hotmail. Downloaded to Saved Pictures. Set as Wallpaper/Lock Screen. I don't have a my device password protected. All of the backgrounds are sweet looking, and I can view the transparency in the pictures hub, but cannot get the transparency to show while dragging up the lock screen image.

It really doesn't matter that much to me, it's just frustrating not getting it to work.

I have am using an LG Quantum. Could this problem be device specific?

Has anyone else with a Quantum had luck getting this to work?

Hmm, we will have to see if another Quantum user can comment. You are sending it as an attachment and not an embedded image right? All of these images have been tested so I know they work on the HTC Surround and Samsung Focus. There shouldn't be device-specific issues to my knowledge, nor have I been able to read anything on it except for one user experiencing trouble elsewhere. I would think if Quantum's in general are having a problem there would be more discussion regarding it. Lets see what other Quantum owners say.

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Heads up Spidey fans, a few Spiderman wallpapers have been added including a really nice one of Spidey himself.

Also some Mortal Kombat wallpapers have been added as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlimPulseWeightLoss