Want the White Xbox One Controller?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
No idea, I watch this stuff (my wife says I am nuts about white things, my 5 year old asked me what my favorite color was the other day...I said White...lol).

Can you confirm that any of them are actually glossy ? I can understand the buttons and triggers but, the actual controller itself ?

A glossy finish would not be a good thing on a Xbox controller or any other for that matter. A glossy controller would be slippery and not good for hardcore gamers who want to make sure they have a firm grip on a controller.

but, what do I know, been only playing this stuff from my Atari 2600 :)

When people unboxed the I made this controller, they said it was glossy.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
When people unboxed the I made this controller, they said it was glossy.

Hmmmm..... I'll have to look into it... If it is glossy, it is glossy...the Image above is from a "I made this" controller and if your seeing the same thing, the white does not look glossy but, I will hunt down more image to find out for sure...Now you have me wondering..

Here is a better picture and I have looked at 3-4 pictures, NO question the white on the "I made this" controller is NOT glossy.

You can see the gloss on the buttons but, not on the white shell clearly in this image.

$_57.JPG

Now if I can get the "I made this" silkscreened, and pick up that kit for $15, I could have one (not for resale, just to show off) one exactly like the original one.... All you need is the front part of the shell to do it...

That is a cool looking controller....No question I want but, not spending $200-400 (what they are going for on ebay)

and another to back up my point...
$_57.JPG

Last edited:

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Yea, I really want a White controller but, right now, I would prefer to wait for my warranty to be up on my Xbox one.....Why ?

I am going to pull it apart and upgrade the 500gb drive to a 2-3tb drive. Already at 80% and adding 2 new games this month. Less than a year with the Xbox one and already seeing a problem with this.

I have no desire to put external drives with my game systems, more of a mess when my whole setup is set with 4 game systems and you cant even see a single wire (well, for the most part, if you look at it at some angles, you will see some)
There's ways to look elegant, time and effort come with the territory of beauty. I have a Gaming PC, Xbox 360, and Xbox One in a small floating desk setup and minimal wires are seen except the ones I use regularly (Microphone, Headphones and a USB > Micro USB for the Xbox One Controller to my PC for games.) I also had it setup in my living room, then decided I wanted to get back into my competitive spirit so I moved it to a Gaming Centric location. In my living room it also looked beautiful, no wires with floating shelves. Both setups have a External HDD and as long as you get a modern one, it looks beautiful sitting atop our Xbone.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
There's ways to look elegant, time and effort come with the territory of beauty. I have a Gaming PC, Xbox 360, and Xbox One in a small floating desk setup and minimal wires are seen except the ones I use regularly (Microphone, Headphones and a USB > Micro USB for the Xbox One Controller to my PC for games.) I also had it setup in my living room, then decided I wanted to get back into my competitive spirit so I moved it to a Gaming Centric location. In my living room it also looked beautiful, no wires with floating shelves. Both setups have a External HDD and as long as you get a modern one, it looks beautiful sitting atop our Xbone.

I hear ya but, I look at this for a few reasons why I am seriously thinking about installing a internal drive to the system...
1. Opening the Xbox one is not very difficult, look on youtube, lots of videos
2. The hard drive costs, for a 2tb 7200rpm 2.5" drive, I am looking maybe 110-150, for a 2tb external drive (USB 3.0), I am looking at $175-250...AT LEAST
3. no extra boxes or wires
4. Only one drive on the Xbox one menu, no need to move games around.
5. Most important, seamless, all in one box

Once the warrany is up....I do have a 700gb USB 3.0 drive sitting around that I might use for the time being but, I will do this at some point, it will be the best for my needs and wants.... Who else can say they have a Xbox one with 2tb drive internal ? :)

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I hear ya but, I look at this for a few reasons why I am seriously thinking about installing a internal drive to the system...
2. The hard drive costs, for a 2tb 7200rpm 2.5" drive, I am looking maybe 110-150, for a 2tb external drive (USB 3.0), I am looking at $175-250...AT LEAST

Once the warrany is up....I do have a 700gb USB 3.0 drive sitting around that I might use for the time being but, I will do this at some point, it will be the best for my needs and wants.... Who else can say they have a Xbox one with 2tb drive internal ? :)
A lot of people since it's gonna be common practice, all I was saying is it isn't hard to make it look elegant. I was personally thinking of it, even opened the box to wee how easy, then decided in case I grabbed a second Xbox One, then I can just take the HDD from my competitive setup to my Living room for certain situations.

Sent from my LG G3.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
73 votes....still a long way to go...

In a few weeks, I will see if I can hunt down a cheaper (used ?) xbox one controller and pick up the white kit....I think this is the only way I am going to be able to get one for an affordable rate...

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

I got a Western Digital 4 GB external for $135 shipped from NewEgg. Regular price is $150 but they go on sale fairly frequently.

I was tempted to change the internal drive as well, but I'd rather wait a while longer and see whether Microsoft bans anyone for changing the drive. It is possible for them to detect it, but probably not a big priority.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
134 votes is great, thanks everyone!

I'm sorry, but sadly, I don't think this will happen. I am confused why Microsoft won't sell this controller separately but they did for titanfall and cod, but whatever. Thanks everyone for the support.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm still temped on creating my own, a box one controller and a white kit on eBay for about $15 and you can build one....Don't know how to pull apart the Xbox one controller? YouTube is your friend....tons of videos...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel