Waze or Here Drive?

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
So I've been using Here Drive for a long long time now. But im about to try Waze for a while. Part of this is that recently Here Drive keeps freezing on me. Anyway, what do you use? What's ur preference?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
So I've been using Here Drive for a long long time now. But im about to try Waze for a while. Part of this is that recently Here Drive keeps freezing on me. Anyway, what do you use? What's ur preference?

I prefer to use Waze, especially because in my country Here Drive (or other map services) does not provide me with real-time traffic information... at least not yet. I can even find useful information reported by the crowd, such as accidents, closed roads, constructions areas, etc... which Waze will "consider" when choosing your best route. It also detects whether I'm most likely about to go home or to work, depending on the time of day and my routing history.

The only downside I see in using Waze is that it is really battery intensive... but this should not be a problem if you keep your phone plugged into some form of charger or battery pack while navigating or driving.

If you're using a phone with 512MB of RAM, you might find Waze a bit sluggish.

On a side note: For other map queries, such as if I want to find out the name of a certain street, or if I want to use augmented reality in viewing nearby places of interest, I use Here Maps (or one of the Here Apps with this function) since Waze is primarily a driving app, not an all-around map app.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Never liked Waze when I was on Android (2 years ago mind you).

Been using Here for the last two years and it's always been perfect!

2Suave

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I've never really depended on Here Drive+ to help me get around traffic. I usually just pull up here maps walking to my car so that I know to go highway or backroads home.

I tried Waze for a little while and didn't like it all that much, seemed to require too much attention and didn't suggest any alternate routes. I also downloaded an app called Traffic just to see if it was more accurate than Here Maps, but they are about the same. Here maps actually says it fills in traffic with estimates based on average traffic, so I assume they all do.

I have always depended on Drive+ for directions and it really ticked me off when I drove a long ways past my turn not knowing because the app just froze. I was looking it up a little today and someone said that clearing map history may solve that problem. That was the one thing I haven't tried yet. If it works I'm happy. If not I hope someone on here knows of a good solution.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
WAZE! It gets me around Austin traffic with no issues. As for alternate routes, it offeres them on the screen right before you press go. Waze all the way.

rpac78

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I used here drive+ for a while before moving to Waze. In my 1520 I don't see it any more battery intensive than drive+. The thing I like is how Waze will redirect you if your current rite gets to busy. From my experience, drive+ is locked into one route from the start. Also you get to choose between alternative routes, whereas drive+ doesn't give any options.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Navigon for long trips and HERE Drive + for trips around town. I have never had the need or inclination to try Google's Waze. I tend to avoid their data collection, when I can.

Edward_g

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Navigon for long trips and HERE Drive + for trips around town. I have never had the need or inclination to try Google's Waze. I tend to avoid their data collection, when I can.

What about maps? Do you use here or Bing? I use both navigon and here like you do but I start out with Bing maps.

Donny Tytgat

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm using Waze on a daily basis. It has saved me alot of time on my daily commute with the live traffic information.

Too bad it doesn't seem to get updates anymore...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)