WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

its just strange......... I have gotten used to the title of mod.... hey how come you don't have the retired mod banner on your signature ?

I don't know. And neither does Palandri who stepped down before me. And he was a great mod for much longer and a very active member of the community.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I was born poor. Mom was a single parent in a trailer home on welfare. Had no heat, no AC, sometimes no electricity or running water.

I say... Eff that! You're never trapped. Fight until there is nothing left but never just say "Well this is how it's gonna be." So what if you weren't born with a gold spoon in your mouth? Work hard, save up and get an education. Move your way up and BUY that damn spoon if you want it!

Only way you can truly be trapped is if you put yourself in that trap. Live, learn, and strive.

And if you apply to 100 jobs and don't get anything, broaden your horizon. Keep going! Don't just get stuck in your self pity.

Oh lord. I sound like a PSA. 😆

Sent from the one in beautiful blue using Tapatalk.

Agree with your sentiments and Rue's as well. The compassionate side of me understands that not everyone is milking the system and are on hard times and have difficulty lifting themselves up and motivating themselves to work hard, expand their horizons/skills and get a better job.

The logical part of my brain says - you grew up in a 600 sq ft 1 bdrm apartment, started out with $500 in your pocket and now look where you are....

So I understand and empathize with both ends of the argument.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Omg yay! My hook up at the dealership I got my car at is going to help me get an air intake and iridium spark plugs! Yay! They'll be TRD so no voided warranty. I paid good money for my bumper to bumper 100k warranty.

Which Toyota do you drive or do you drive a Scion?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I only like clear ones. I've got one on my 521. It made it so much more responsive. The word flow started to work too.

No screen protector on any of the devices that I use. The ones for the other members have screen protectors and protective cases installed - mandatory for them!!
Word Flow works fine on my 810 without a protector.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

13' Yaris. I'd originally looked at a 13' xD but I liked the two door option better. Plus it just felt better to drive. Less blind spots too. I like my cars simple. I'm not really wanting a direct injection engine. Especially not with ethanol in our gas. You'll burn up pistons.

The cars with the inside similar to a cockpit, it's a no for me. I need to focus on driving not button mashing.

one word ....dodge dart >:)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Isn't poor also just a frame of mind? If you can get food in your stomach, even if you had to travel and suffer.. If it's more than what you had, you're not as "Poor" right?

I just think that people get one life. Instead of focusing on what you don't have all the time, work with what you have to enrich that life.

I'm sorry, I guess after struggling so hard to get where I am. I can't just let myself wallow. If you aren't happy, fight to change it. Even if you can't change it today, tomorrow is a new day...

Short version here...there is absolute and relative poverty. There are many people out there experiencing absolute poverty, where getting basic meals is challenging. Here in the US, it changes as you go up the social ladder where you see more relative poverty - where you lack less resources in comparison to your neighbors. So yes, the rich are relatively poor in comparison to their super rich neighbors.
I agree about working to enrich your life, but for folks facing absolute poverty, it is hard to think about that when you live from meal to meal.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Isn't poor also just a frame of mind? If you can get food in your stomach, even if you had to travel and suffer.. If it's more than what you had, you're not as "Poor" right?

I just think that people get one life. Instead of focusing on what you don't have all the time, work with what you have to enrich that life.

I'm sorry, I guess after struggling so hard to get where I am. I can't just let myself wallow. If you aren't happy, fight to change it. Even if you can't change it today, tomorrow is a new day...

A positive attitude is a must, glass half full is always a better philosophy. I also think the Western culture focuses too much on the "wants" and too little on the "needs" and that creates a psychological chasm between haves and have nots...people get by with much less than what is the norm here in the USA....a few trips around the world, heck even to rural Mexico would open up people's eyes as to what we take for granted....sorry for the rant:-/

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

13' Yaris. I'd originally looked at a 13' xD but I liked the two door option better. Plus it just felt better to drive. Less blind spots too. I like my cars simple. I'm not really wanting a direct injection engine. Especially not with ethanol in our gas. You'll burn up pistons.

The cars with the inside similar to a cockpit, it's a no for me. I need to focus on driving not button mashing.

Nice, I got to drive a white 13 four door Yaris on my trip to MN. I try to rent small cars when I am by myself on a business trip, even if it is not my money I do not like to waste it:)

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Dodge dart is too heavy. In the long run it'll eat more gas and put more wear on the engine. That car was one of the original ones id wanted because it was bringing back a classic. Mopar isn't what it used to be.

Dodge Dart is a rebadged Alfa Romeo with all the wrong badges!! Plus it is really tiny in the rear seat area - drove one last year when my car was in the shop.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

A positive attitude is a must, glass half full is always a better philosophy. I also think the Western culture focuses too much on the "wants" and too little on the "needs" and that creates a psychological chasm between haves and have nots...people get by with much less than what is the norm here in the USA....a few trips around the world, heck even to rural Mexico would open up people's eyes as to what we take for granted....sorry for the rant:-/

Agreed. Part of tthe issue is man a folk here confuse "wants" and "needs". When you do that, problems arise. When addressing that confusion never happens, ruts and crises set in.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Here is a PM I got from a fellow WPC member to whom I sold a Lumia 822 about 10 days back.

FYI, got the phone! I have been out of town and just got back in yesterday. Just now opened it up. Dude......... it's brand new. I don't know if you stole this off a dead mexican, it fell out of the sky of an office building into your lap, you work for microsoft, etc, but THANK YOU! It's in perfect shape. And, if you're mexican and you took offense, well, don't knife me. And if you are, then that second joke was horrible and I'm sure if we ever meet you WILL knife me. Regardless, seriously, great deal and thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria