WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm headed into work a little earlier to try to see what I can do to help her out. I recovered something yesterday/last night but she's got tables and graphs in there so I need to see what I can do to try to get those back.

This is why I throw nearly all my important documents on my Onedrive. Yes, I almost exclusively wrote my papers on my T100, but I sync much of my stuff online. I don't use flash drives at all to avoid this. I suppose I'm used to doing things like this anyways since I'm platform agnostic and want to be able to access my readings and notes for school from any device I own.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

There's probably only one thing I'm not platform agnostic about, Office. Everything else I'm pretty open about. My wife has tried using Google Docs and she hates it. It keeps messing up her documents. So we're using Office Online instead because it's just simply better and more compatible with what we have. It's not perfect either but it's far superior to Google Docs.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

it always amuses me with people of the older generation with windows phones - no offence to anyone over 50 here - but they just don't seem to make full use of WP8.1 - they see my highly customised start screen and pull out there own and they haven't customised it in any way - most have plain tiles - no folders - no picture background - and tiles they don't use. At the end of the day if they only use it for calls and texts that's perfectly fine - but why get a Lumia 930 when your not going to use it to full potential?

I've seen this a lot with some people in Finland. Most buying it because it's a Nokia and you look at their screens and you think, what are they doing???

I agree totally though. If they're just using the basics then a cheaper phone would suffice but they do have the same thing in Finland like in the US that you get the phone on discount. Also, unlimited data plans are typical in Finland and fairly cheap.

Saying that, there's still many people older people in Finland wandering around with old Nokias.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So...I left my wallet at home on my dresser. I'd be bummed but I have my MetroCard on me and a few bucks in my pocket.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So...everything is late on NJ transit. I was about to hop on the PATH train when I noticed I left my wallet at home and it is prudent not to spend the few bits of change I have in my pocket. Here's insight into what I'm talking about with the rails...

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Attachments

• 13998.jpg
    13998.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

There's probably only one thing I'm not platform agnostic about, Office. Everything else I'm pretty open about. My wife has tried using Google Docs and she hates it. It keeps messing up her documents. So we're using Office Online instead because it's just simply better and more compatible with what we have. It's not perfect either but it's far superior to Google Docs.

It's funny because with my friend I was the one who told her to get the Office 365 for students as it is discounted. You get two licenses, which is great for her and her husband. I told her that since she has an iPad, she gets great access. I told her that MSFT had expanded the storage so she should use it online.

I'm going to set it up for her today. I get the need to be picky what you put in the cloud, but important stuff like this should never be left stranded on a device or flash drive.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

it always amuses me with people of the older generation with windows phones - no offence to anyone over 50 here - but they just don't seem to make full use of WP8.1 - they see my highly customised start screen and pull out there own and they haven't customised it in any way - most have plain tiles - no folders - no picture background - and tiles they don't use. At the end of the day if they only use it for calls and texts that's perfectly fine - but why get a Lumia 930 when your not going to use it to full potential?

1st world access and great marketing by OEMs who need to sell expensive luxury style items in droves to make super profits.

Even though I use my phones well, I still know I underuse them, but I get max value out of what parts of the phone I use the most.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm going to set it up for her today. I get the need to be picky what you put in the cloud, but important stuff like this should never be left stranded on a device or flash drive.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

I use Office 365, I have the Home edition. 5 licences plus the ones for tablets and the free minutes for Skype, extra storage on OneDrive.

I've been pushing my wife to get into cloud computing more. She started using a CRM recently for her personal business and we're starting to put more things up for her company.

One of the projects I'm considering it's writing a CRM database and an app to use for her type of businesses. The ones that are currently out don't work well with her type of business.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

When i borrow someone else's phone i usually try double tap to wake but soon realize that it's not my Lumia.
I sometimes try to double tap to wake, or swipe up like it's a Windows Lockscreen on my iPad Air 2.

I do love Touch ID though!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I have some people at work with WPs that are like that... But they're younger people. I'll say "hey, you know you can customize that start screen right? Add a background image etc." they just shrug their shoulders. Most regular, non-tech enthusiasts don't really care, and are content just having a working phone I guess.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Oh, good morning gang btw... It's 8:20 am here on the chilly southeast corner of the U.S.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254