WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Your right it does question the whole UWP. If Facebook found it difficult then I wonder if other devs will bother. :/

The Facebook app will be UWP but it's being released PC first which makes it odd. Daniel seemed to indicate that 'no one is interested in mobile currently' which implies why they're not in a hurray but that's still doesn't answer the UWP question.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

To me apps that are UWP should be released simultaneously, regardless.

Then they wonder why people are saying W10M is dead.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Writing on the wall kind of thing?

When I was a contractor I only ran one project to the end, I usually left before the ending simply because there usually was little benefit and I needed to find something else before other people. The only reason I went to the end with that one was due to the slow market.

It was a weird feeling for me to see everyone go, I was one of the last of the engineering group. Unfortunately there were not many opportunities around for me to jump ship so I stuck it out till the end. I even went back to do one more day as I was still with the company that I was contracted to.

Yup. That's how it surely feels.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Going by what Daniel and others say on the article it appears it's not that easy a thing to do, it's extra work. Which sort of puts this whole idea of UWP into question...

Unless of course, you make a W10 app from scratch and UWP is easier then. This of course removes the whole, it's coming to PC then W10M gets it.

If using a porting software makes it difficult or a lot of extra work for UWP then UWP is meaningless for mobile, at this stage. I'm not trying to put a damper on things but if they don't improve that UWP is not as special as they were making it out to be. So much for it being a 'saviour'.

Who's really surprised at this? I'm not...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm not either... I was pretty much predicting this.

The biggest pro and con of Windows is its usability. As a standalone OS, Windows is equal to iOS and Android as a daily driver for calls, etc. Camera is dead even as always.

But the trick is when they get into apps. The design language visually is nice, but if I was a dev and it is a PITA to code or port my apps to Windows, i wouldn't bother. Which is sad.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Hey Laura! On the your X 2015, did you get color notifications on the Glance screen?

I ask as the Soak Test 1 for the max, they use a blue color and the white to help highlight new notifications on the Glance screen. I like it...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So, it appears that Ed, Rue and I are in the top 3 in the liked group on the forums right now with Sahib at #5...and I'm #2 in the posters list.

Really? This is shocking.

Posted via Moto Maxx