WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
You need to go back and read what's happened in my life.

I haven't lived in cheap countries or low tax countries.

I grew up virtually poor. Luckily in a nice working class neighbourhood.

Never thought I'd live in four different countries.
She's been MIA in these parts, so of course she doesn't know what's happened recently...

I first read that comment was like "here we go" ! And of course, your response didn't disappoint...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
To give an example of the type of days I've having lately...

This morning, turned on the work computer. Logged in. Clicked on Chrome as we use Google suite here.

Didn't see the Chrome window...

Couldn't figure out why.

Restarted the computer. Same thing.

Suddenly it dawned on me. My second monitor wasn't on....

Yeah, it's that kind of day...

Well it's been that kind of month...

Dang, I feel that for you on that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
You're definitely not missing out on those prices. I have skimmed PhoneArena and that's it. Haven't had the time to see any videos. This week is a lot on the school side of things.
The only video I watched was a 3 minute clip of Flossy Carter showing off the colors for this year's models.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
You got that on lockdown and fully vested, so you don't have to give a damn about 02/14 each year...

(Sorry, I couldn't resist after your feathers got ruffled).
I wouldn't go that far...

My wife isn't into it. She hates the fake romancing.

It's good that I fond out though. Just means I have to be careful where we go, if we go out Friday.

It's not as huge deal in France but all the foreigners in Paris will likely be clogging up the restaurants.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The whole city of love thing with Paris is so clichē as well.

It's generally a beautiful city but hardly enticing of romance.

Dodging dog poop and men peeing anywhere and everywhere is hardly a thing to make ones heart swoon....

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Dodging dog poop and men peeing anywhere and everywhere is hardly a thing to make ones heart swoon....
That sure doesn't make Paris appear to be a civilised city. Aren't there any laws regarding such public nuisances?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
That sure doesn't make Paris appear to be a civilised city. Aren't there any laws regarding such public nuisances?
This is how the authorities are dealing with the public peeing.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article...n-air-public-urinals-and-locals-arent-pleased

The dog is another issue altogether. Some people are good but many are not.

Some areas are kept cleaner than others as well.

Paris is a big city with big city problems. It's safe but just like anywhere else you need keep an eye on things.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't go that far...

My wife isn't into it. She hates the fake romancing.

It's good that I fond out though. Just means I have to be careful where we go, if we go out Friday.

It's not as huge deal in France but all the foreigners in Paris will likely be clogging up the restaurants.
Well, one of my former coworkers and her husband will be one of said tourists as they'll be in Paris from today through Sunday. I was going to tell her about the urinals but I won't spoil it...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Well, one of my former coworkers and her husband will be one of said tourists as they'll be in Paris from today through Sunday. I was going to tell her about the urinals but I won't spoil it...
I'm sure they'll be fine.

If they are well traveled they won't have any issues.

They're are tonnes of scams and pick pockets around, especially in the tourists areas.

This time of year is quiet in Paris but there's always tourists around and the scammers know that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure they'll be fine.

If they are well traveled they won't have any issues.

They're are tonnes of scams and pick pockets around, especially in the tourists areas.

This time of year is quiet in Paris but there's always tourists around and the scammers know that.
They're more newer travelers. I'm sure they'll be fine and figure it out as well.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The reason why I find this so hilarious is I have a similar view of NYC. That's the benefit and the curse of knowing the city where you live well enough. As I walk through all sorts of NYC's (more technically many different parts of the city) I do lose sight of the glitter side of things. It's part while doing the touristy things is tiring, it's nice having an out of towner (shout out to Laura for pulling this phrase out of me) visit.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The reason why I find this so hilarious is I have a similar view of NYC. That's the benefit and the curse of knowing the city where you live well enough. As I walk through all sorts of NYC's (more technically many different parts of the city) I do lose sight of the glitter side of things. It's part while doing the touristy things is tiring, it's nice having an out of towner (shout out to Laura for pulling this phrase out of me) visit.
I have to admit I haven't lost that love of history that Europe offers and the difference.

But I'm not unrealistic.

I still look at the Eiffel Tower every night. Simply because it was just some wild fantasy to have that view.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria