WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I guess I’m not going to catch the ‘Rona anytime soon. Besides being on Plaquenil (Hydrochloroquine) I’m also taking Plavix and Lisinopril to keep all 11 stents inside me free and clear. There’s another 4 or 5 pills I have to pop but I can’t remember their names.
I'm not in the mood to borrow our uncle/Rue's cousin's Muddical de-gree to discuss your relative safety from COVID-19.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Today is a slow walking 5 alarm cluster****. All of my more intensive pts are ringing the phone off the hook and I have to weave in meetings as well. I'm supposed to be off tomorrow but will likely be off for a half day.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Today is a slow walking 5 alarm cluster****. All of my more intensive pts are ringing the phone off the hook and I have to weave in meetings as well. I'm supposed to be off tomorrow but will likely be off for a half day.
The last two weeks have been like this. Something is in the air I don't like, and it ain't just COVID-19.

Chuck Finley69

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Had a very productive conversation today about the side business opportunity. Looks like I need to calculate some math and figure out what expenses I will incur to start and what I want to write off.

Yup, gonna get a number through Fi or Mint mobile for the Mi 9 for sure.

T-mobile still offers a $3/month plan that's pay as you go which you can upgrade later.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
It's led to a spike in interpersonal violence cases where people are beating on their significant other more and there's lot less breathing room.

Sadly, I’m not surprised. I think I mentioned this a while back when the stay at home orders first began. I’m not condoning any violence obviously, but if there’s a silver lining in this current situation it’s that some relationships will be exposed for the sham that they are. Painfully in some cases, but it beats a lifetime of misery.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, I’m not surprised. I think I mentioned this a while back when the stay at home orders first began. I’m not condoning any violence obviously, but if there’s a silver lining in this current situation it’s that some relationships will be exposed for the sham that they are. Painfully in some cases, but it beats a lifetime of misery.
Yeah, you did. People be hiding in bathrooms trying to talk to CBOs, etc for help. It's crazy.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Well it happened, as expected... the mass exodus from the cities to cities/towns/villages has begun. It happens every Eid al-Fitr at the end of Ramadan.
Even with pleas not to travel from Director of Health, the one person in the country, everyone looks up and respect. Even with road blocks, ban on inter-state crossing and fines of a 1000 bucks fines... The highways are packed,.. herd stupidity on the move.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Sadly, in places and countries such as mine, that's a sad reality.
For the last two decades brides have been 'sold' to Bosnians who live in Germany, Austria, Benelux and similar.

I said sold, but they're basically gold diggers mostly active during the months of July and August, when all the 'Gastarbeiter' come back for a holiday.

In the last few years, men have started doing the same thing.

I know how this might sound, but that's the reality. I swear, when a random girl hears that I'm enrolled in an engineering college, they become noticeably more interested. Which to a degree, is a normal thing I'd say.
I don't recall the first time I heard the term buy a bride, but it was a long time ago.

For a lot of westerns, Russian brides were, probably still are, favoured.

Though now the market is everywhere in low income countries across the world. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it's in every country.

It's easy to paint these women as gold diggers but the majority just want a better life than the one they have.

Some are after citizenship in another country only and do what it takes to get it, then divorce. Lots of stories, rumours about that. Others want the rich guy. Others want both so they have some money when they divorce. Some actually work out.

Then there are the guys who like this idea... Some are nice, some are not. Some just want eye candy or a baby producing machine. Some want a slave or think that's what the bought...

Nothing is black and white.

It's vastly more complicated.

It all depends really.

There's lots of scams out there of course.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I small story. I may have mentioned this a while ago.

My wife and I met online. She was in Australia and I was in Canada. We're both from low income families but both of us always had a desire to live overseas and travel. It was a lot more difficult to do that when I was younger.

Anyway, Australia, even today, is not well known. Most people don't know much about it. Even those who lived there for a year on working tourists visa are not really aware of everything. For most Australia is a tourists destination of as lifetime.

So when my wife and I got together originally the plan was for her to move to Canada. That changed and I moved to Australia instead. Because it was easier. We've since moved around a lot more and I think my moving to Australia was the better choice. It helped my mentality a lot.

During the time of deciding about this I found out that my sister-in-law thought my wife was after Canadian citizenship and was the only reason she was interred in me... I'm not overly fond of my sister-in-law if you're wondering. Lots of other reasons as well bedsides this.

My wife found that amusing though. It showed a clear misunderstanding of Australia.

It's both sad and funny how ignorant some people can be.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, in places and countries such as mine, that's a sad reality.
For the last two decades brides have been 'sold' to Bosnians who live in Germany, Austria, Benelux and similar.

I said sold, but they're basically gold diggers mostly active during the months of July and August, when all the 'Gastarbeiter' come back for a holiday.

In the last few years, men have started doing the same thing.

I know how this might sound, but that's the reality. I swear, when a random girl hears that I'm enrolled in an engineering college, they become noticeably more interested. Which to a degree, is a normal thing I'd say.
A crafty v-a-g-i-n-a venture capitalist strives to be very selective in the potential portfolios of the investors she tries to recruit...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I small story. I may have mentioned this a while ago.

My wife and I met online. She was in Australia and I was in Canada. We're both from low income families but both of us always had a desire to live overseas and travel. It was a lot more difficult to do that when I was younger.

Anyway, Australia, even today, is not well known. Most people don't know much about it. Even those who lived there for a year on working tourists visa are not really aware of everything. For most Australia is a tourists destination of as lifetime.

So when my wife and I got together originally the plan was for her to move to Canada. That changed and I moved to Australia instead. Because it was easier. We've since moved around a lot more and I think my moving to Australia was the better choice. It helped my mentality a lot.

During the time of deciding about this I found out that my sister-in-law thought my wife was after Canadian citizenship and was the only reason she was interred in me... I'm not overly fond of my sister-in-law if you're wondering. Lots of other reasons as well bedsides this.

My wife found that amusing though. It showed a clear misunderstanding of Australia.

It's both sad and funny how ignorant some people can be.
Your sister-in-law got JOKES....

One of my exes asked me that once. I just reached into my wallet and handed over my permanent residence card. That ended that discussion really quick.

Citizenship here is only useful to me for applying and working with the feds. Otherwise, I'm fine with permanent residency.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Now, I know a TON of people who played the "marry the US local" game to get their permanent residence/citizenship card. Back in the day there was a girl I knew from high school that came to NY and I told her frankly if she was going to that she had to make some changes. She did, and ended up having two kids and got her paperwork straight.

Everyone has to do what they have to do to survive.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't recall the first time I heard the term buy a bride, but it was a long time ago.

For a lot of westerns, Russian brides were, probably still are, favoured.

Though now the market is everywhere in low income countries across the world. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it's in every country.

It's easy to paint these women as gold diggers but the majority just want a better life than the one they have.

Some are after citizenship in another country only and do what it takes to get it, then divorce. Lots of stories, rumours about that. Others want the rich guy. Others want both so they have some money when they divorce. Some actually work out.

Then there are the guys who like this idea... Some are nice, some are not. Some just want eye candy or a baby producing machine. Some want a slave or think that's what the bought...

Nothing is black and white.

It's vastly more complicated.

It all depends really.

There's lots of scams out there of course.
Don't forget "Bob in accounting" who's been in the same entry level job for 20 years who can't get a date that goes overseas to grab a Thai bride because he flashed some cash by taking advantage of the exchange rates. And when the poor woman gets here he keeps her even more isolated through the language barrier and the monotonous lifestyle he has.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Don't forget "Bob in accounting" who's been in the same entry level job for 20 years who can't get a date that goes overseas to grab a Thai bride because he flashed some cash by taking advantage of the exchange rates. And when the poor woman gets here he keeps her even more isolated through the language barrier and the monotonous lifestyle he has.
Yes I know. I was trying to keep it simple but there's just so many levels of depravity in this that you could write a book and horror movie combined...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Your sister-in-law got JOKES....

One of my exes asked me that once. I just reached into my wallet and handed over my permanent residence card. That ended that discussion really quick.

Citizenship here is only useful to me for applying and working with the feds. Otherwise, I'm fine with permanent residency.
My sister-in-law is a b**ch. Her picture should be in the dictionary.

Perfect match for my A-hole of a brother.

It's the pure ignorance of it that gets me. Too many American movies I think...

There's so many people who think just marrying someone gives them citizenship. If only it was that easy.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
My sister-in-law is a b**ch. Her picture should be in the dictionary.

Perfect match for my A-hole of a brother.

It's the pure ignorance of it that gets me. Too many American movies I think...

There's so many people who think just marrying someone gives them citizenship. If only it was that easy.
Ibid. The US permanent residency game here ain't no joke. Even the government knows it happens and is on the lookout for it. I'd go into details here, but hey, gotta leave SOME things offline...