We need another major update!!

jhousden9

Oct 5, 2011
www.twitter.com
What we *really* need is for MS to push Mango to all handsets on all carriers ASAP. There are several device out there that haven't received the update, and it is not possible for force the updates on these devices either because the updates are unavailable.

It is possible to get Mango on any WP7 handset. Look at the feed I have linked below. I did this and there is nothing wrong with my handset at all. I have a Samsung Omnia 7 on T-mobile (Deutsche Telekom), and they are one of the last phones to be updated as T-mobile are still testing, as all other providers are in the delivery stage. I did what it said on the link below, and I'm on Mango now. It downloads the update from the Zune application, so its official. :)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-7-os-discussion/181427.htm

blackhawk556

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
What I'm trying to say is that WP needs unique features that can not be added with apps. Siri and icloud features can not be added to say android/wp by simply downloading an app. TellMe has similar stuff to siri but it doesn't beat it. Its easy to tell someone to leave to another platform but no, I'm not going to. I like metro way more at this point than static icons, I just wish MS would have included more basic features than they did.
Apparently Mango just doesn't cut it for you, so why not just go and find an OS that does?

I mean it is easy for us to stand on the sidelines and complain about what MS is not doing.

The only solutions that I see that you and other people complaining about WP7 phones/Mango update can do is either go get a job at MS to help design the updates your way, go get an iPhone or android phone, or (as one member said in another thread) go build your own phone.

Nothing is perfect in the smartphone game. It is up to YOU to get what YOU want.

There are people on here who talk bad about the Trophy. It doesn't bother me because it was the phone that I wanted. And as long as it does what I need it too do then I'm fine.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

blackhawk556

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
What we *really* need is for MS to push Mango to all handsets on all carriers ASAP. There are several device out there that haven't received the update, and it is not possible for force the updates on these devices either because the updates are unavailable.
can you imagine if mango would have been pushed out to everyone and caused the same problem as nodo did with Samsung phones? People would have thrown the biggest BF and bloggers would stepped up the negative reports just to give MS bad press. MS played this one right and nailed it, they deserve a round of beers for this type of work.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Yes Mango went much better than nodo the next update will hopefully build on that and go even better. As far as the nest update continue to go to the MS site for features ain the next update and put your votes in for things you want in or modified. Week view seems to be drawing intreest in the forums here I hope its been mentioned a bunch in the voting for those that want it.

alphaxi3

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The answer is not more updates, it is better advertising. The average user has no idea what these phones are capable of and would not use them even if they did. Half of them would not use them because they would not understand how to or would be to intimidated by them.

MS needs to feature uses the phone is capable of that the average user is looking for, because they greatly outnumber us. We are a very small minority who if we never brought a WP7 phone would not be missed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124