Weak Speakers and Vibrate Mode

colonelcasey322

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 925 for nearly a week now and my one main complaint is with the speaker and vibration for alerts. Compared to my HD7, they're both pretty weak. Ringtones come through okay but the volume level for alerts is way lower than it was for my HD7, despite the phone being on max volume. I've tried it with the charging case and without and it doesn't seem to make a huge difference. The vibration for alerts is also very weak and I can barely feel it through my jean pockets. It hardly makes a noise on my desk too so I don't really know that there's a notification. On top of that, the speaker sounds tinny and kind of cheap...not what I expected at all from a Nokia quality phone. Has anyone else had similar experiences with the speaker and vibration on their phone?

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Noone has ever complained of the 920's vibration being too quiet or not being able to hear it. Is it possible that they've gone with new hardware for that in the 925, or do you have a miracle phone?

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I will say both the regular vibration and the haptic feedback in my 928 are very very weak compared to any other phone I've had. Almost nonexistent. Might be similar with the 925.

Knight018

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I have no issue with either especially not the speakers. I guess if you are used to earthquake causing phones it may be an issue. X)

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Chalk me up as also being wholly unimpressed with the vibrate strength and speaker volume on this phone. I can't even feel it vibrate when it's in my pocket and even when turned up to 30, I rarely hear a notification come in unless I'm close to the phone.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I always have vibrate turned off, so I can't comment on that. But I can say that I am not at all impressed with the speakers. They are loud enough only if there is no other noise present. And the quality isn't the best either.

My brother has the HTC One and the speakers are absolutely amazing. I have to say, I definitely would have considered the HTC One as my next phone if it had a camera that's comparable to Nokia's cameras.

Anyways, I'm happy with the rest of the phone :D It's really great and I mostly use my headphones while listening to music/watching videos, so it's a very small complaint from me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)