Wear & Tear Pictures Database

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Calling all Microsoft Band owners! :)

I'm starting this thread in the hope that it might become a database of Band wear and tear images that Microsoft can take into account when designing the next generation of wearable.

In support of the images I'm posting, it's probably helpful to briefly describe my usage of the Band:

+. I've had it for 2 months
+. I wear it 22-23 hours a day, every day
+. I use it to its full fitness potential (gym and running up to 5 times a week)

I chose not to go with a display protector. While the bezel is pretty scratched up, the display itself is actually fine, because it's slightly set in against the rest of the bezel. More worryingly is the plastic battery covering that seems to be lifting on the inside of the Band.

Personally, I'm not unhappy with the level of wear & tear I'm seeing. Because I see the Band as a practical tracker I'm not too bothered about how much of a beating it takes.

If you're happy to share, please post your pictures so we can help Microsoft to improve on the next generation of Band.

WP_20150607_06_45_55_Rich.jpgWP_20150607_06_41_02_Rich.jpg

pallentx

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I got mine at the end of April and it still looks brand new. I did eventually put a screen protector on it. I wear mine all day every day except in the morning while it charges. I've done some biking with it, but not as much as I had hoped - more to come. Its finally stopped raining here.

Schneidz

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I've had mine since beginning of April, wear mine about 20 hours a day, 7 days week, recharge while in the shower or when booting up CPUs in the morning. I use mine walking, biking and sleeping, still holding up very well, wish I could sync with cellular iPad miniimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine since beginning of April, wear mine about 20 hours a day, 7 days week, recharge while in the shower or when booting up CPUs in the morning. I use mine walking, biking and sleeping, still holding up very well, wish I could sync with cellular iPad miniView attachment 106143View attachment 106144

Yours still looks brand new ��.....I have to say I'm beginning to worry about the battery cover on mine. The wrinkling of the cover was one thing but just this morning I discovered a small hole in one of the creases. That can't be good...

queentut16

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Here's mine after about three months of constant wear, using a screen protector. The main problem is with bubbling of the grey areas, especially around the GSR sensor / battery charger area. To the point where it is now etching my flesh (not so good). Is that bubbling not an issue for everyone? I've just contacted support about it so we'll see if a replacement is forthcoming (and if that then has the same issue in a few months time).

WP_20150616_11_12_25_Pro.jpg
WP_20150616_11_11_47_Pro.jpg

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
......so, that blistering that occurred on the plastic covering the battery has gotten a little worse over the past month.....

I'm still not going to send it back for replacement though. To hell with it, I'm going to use this Band to the point of destruction. I just hope I don't get electrocuted

Considering how quickly the flimsy plastic covering literally tore away in less than two months of having the device, I'd say Microsoft either come up with a better covering material or just paint the battery black and don't bother to cover it at all

WP_20150619_09_56_21_Pro.jpg

pallentx

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm starting to get a little wrinkle on one of my battery covers. :(
This is definitely a weak point in the design. Thankfully, its only slightly cosmetic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria