Weather App

MartinRaccoon

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Now I am sure there is a thread already with the question asked, but truthfully I am too lazy to skim through it. I am looking for the best weather app. I have an HTC 8X on Verizon, and have been since January. Over the time I used the HTC app that came with the phone and it wasn't bad at all. But I wanted a more dedicated app. I really enjoyed the Bing Weather app and how it looked/operated. Lately it was having problems with its live tile(it wasn't user error) and have been searching for a replacement. I am open to paying if it is worth it, but wouldn't go over 1.99. Any opinions would be valued. I have used Weatherflow, i didn't really like its functionality.

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
There are a ton of new apps, and popular apps I keep trying like Bing Weather, Weather Channer, Weather Flow, and Amazing Weather, but I keep winding up back to Weather Bug (even though it hasn't been updated in 100 years) because I like the detailed forcasts, local station cameras, the tile, and the accuracy. The tile always updates regularly without issue.

MartinRaccoon

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, I might give Bing Weather another try, I enjoyed it the most but it stopped working too often. I will try out Viether for a little though. I really like the metro look; Amazing Weather HD will also get a try.

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
sorry to hear that. No such probs with me here in 820.
U may try reinstalling the app or a soft reset.

fwaits recommended that I take a look at my Background Task settings and turn off unneeded apps. Did that and I think it solved the issue. I wasn't aware you could only have so many running but it totally makes sense based on available memory.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss