Weather on the Glance screen

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Is that only me, or the weather info is not shown on the Glance screen pretty much all the time?

I mean it's showing for some time, and after it simply disappears so I have to turn on/off some settings...

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
It's designed to do that to stop screen burn in, as the weather info is in a fixed position. Wave your hand over the proximity sensor and it will show again.....

Bogdan V

May 21, 2013
Visit site
well seriously,i own an 1020 and tryed all kind of settings for weather on glance but nothing,i have msn weather,i have background apps turned on but i cant make it work,idk where im wrong .any hings or tricks? its really anoying to see that everyone got it.ty

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
well seriously,i own an 1020 and tryed all kind of settings for weather on glance but nothing,i have msn weather,i have background apps turned on but i cant make it work,idk where im wrong .any hings or tricks? its really anoying to see that everyone got it.ty

It's not MSN Weather (Bing) you need, it's just the Weather app by MS. Try that. Defintiely works...

Bogdan V

May 21, 2013
Visit site
that's the app i use and setting from glance are:date-on/detalied status-on/quick status-on/background app-on /exceptions-on,night mode off

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I think I know what you mean. Weather will show and and disappear after a few seconds, but what you're describing is that sometimes it wont come on at all, even with a wave over the ambient light sensor. This still happens to me on my 925 and 1520. It's probably a bug. I usually have to set another background, re-enable weather and open the app for it to work properly again.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I think I know what you mean. Weather will show and and disappear after a few seconds, but what you're describing is that sometimes it wont come on at all, even with a wave over the ambient light sensor. This still happens to me on my 925 and 1520. It's probably a bug. I usually have to set another background, re-enable weather and open the app for it to work properly again.

Exactly my case.
The way to fix this - don't use weather on Glance :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo