Weekly photo contest: Dessert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Sabri

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Dessert Contest Marked.jpg

Let's get sweet for the
photo contest this week. Our theme will be dessert and we'll be exploring the world of cakes, tarts, cookies, biscuits, pastries, ice creams, pies, puddings and more!

Dessert

Who doesn't look forward to dessert? Whether it's after dinner or just because, everyone loves dessert! Show us favorite dessert photo in this week's photo contest!

The above photo was captured by me using the Lumia 925. The ice cream is from Mora Iced Creamery on Bainbridge Island. Go there the next time you're visiting the Seattle area!

Rules

Rules are going to be just like last week. Here they are:

• Picture must be taken with a Windows Phone
  • Picture must be uploaded to the contest thread (linked below)
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software or apps you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine, this is art
  • Feel free to add a little back story, we want to know how the picture came to be
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at Windows Phone Central, so I know how to contact the winner
  • Only ONE entry per week per person

Social

We're going to continue our social experiment from last week. Share any pictures you take for the contest on Instagram, Twitter and Fhotoroom using the following hashtags. It's a fun way to at a glance check out your competition and get inspiration. Plus we're building a community of Windows Phone mobile photographers!

Here's how it looks this week.

• #WPCpc
  • #SweetWPC
This doesn't count as your entry; it's just a fun way to track the photos on social media. Your entry still needs to be in the forums!

Prize

One winner will get a $25 gift card to the Windows Phone Store. You can use it to buy apps and games in the Windows Phone Store, Windows Store or Xbox Store.

We'll pick a winner Tuesday night (September 30) at 11:59 PM ET. Winners will be announced in a blog post for the contest next week.

Good luck and have fun!

Last edited:

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
10704013_10152238840430356_4068400962869964834_n.jpg

Lumia 1020 / Microsoft Camera App Then Filter with Instagram Beta

Taken @ Pizza Delphina in Palo Alto.

Sam, You need to do Cocktails as the subject at some point!!

mymarcio

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
InstagramCapture_d65b7248-8174-421a-81e8-aab1ada1adf1.jpg
Lumia 1020
Phone

Instagram Beta & Photoshop (PC)
Applications

This photo was taken in April 2014, on my first trip to Japan to attend a friend's wedding.
Though their desserts taste just as good as European desserts they also make any eatable sweet a beautiful work of art. Many people long to go to Japan to have their sushi, I on the other hand couldn't get enough desserts! A week and a half is not nearly long enough to see Tokyo, even less to enjoy much of Japan. :love:

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Lumia 1020
Nokia Camera
No filters/edits

I'm a fitness freak. This is a low calorie, high protein chocolate cheesecake.

oyBUTpW.jpg

Vincent Lui

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Gelato Messina tasting plate with 5 ice-cream flavours. One of the best gelato places in Australia. Came to fame after this year's Masterchef Australia appearance.
Taken by my Lumia 920.
gelato messina.jpg

densbucs

Aug 22, 2009
Visit site
Ice cream from the Lowry Park Zoo Tampa, Fl

Taken with a Nokia 1020, no editing.

Attachments

• WP_20140913_11_47_44_Raw.jpg
    WP_20140913_11_47_44_Raw.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12

wpftw

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
WP_20140924_806.jpg

Taken with a Lumia 1020 using Fhotoroom, also edited with the same app. Out with a friend checking out new places - came across Honey Toast in Portland. INCREDIBLE desserts like you've never had before - highly recommended if you're around here!

RafRol

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
AdobePhotoshopExpress_41530e9bcdde49218e5799f5408dee1c.jpg

Spent some time over in Cleveland this past week and some friends brought me to a popular ice cream shop in town. This delicious sundae was called Pumpkin Patch. It's made out of pumpkin ice cream with spices, caramel, pecans, and whipped cream with a cherry on top!

Photo taken with my Lumia 920 without flash using Nokia Camera in full auto mode. I naturally used the Autumn Filter with Adobe Photoshop Express.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So a topic that's dear to me. Dessert! Well that along with breakfast. :)

Here's one from one of my favourite cafes in London - L'Eto in Soho

Also if you're a foodie like me and just can't help taking shots of your food please stop by our Eatsl thread. Post a pic and drool over the others. :)

So the pic - Black Forest Meringue tart with cappuccino. Taken with my L920 and using a filter from Camera360.

Camera360_2013_5_17_042457.jpg

I'm also a coffee snob. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99