- Nov 13, 2012
The past couple of weeks our weekly photo contests have taken on some quite broad themes, but this week we're going to try something a little different. We're focusing on one specific effect, and that's Tilt Shift. You may know it best as the effect that can turn city scenes into appearing to be miniature villages. By changing the depth of field you can create some stunning effects.
So, it's going to test your editing as well as your photo taking. The Lumia Creative Studio is one of a number of apps that will help you produce the effect, which I did up top with the image of a train platform taken on my Lumia 830.
Rules are going to be just like last week. Here they are:
- Picture must be taken with a Windows Phone
- Picture must be uploaded to the contest thread (linked below)
- You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software or apps you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine, this is art
- Feel free to add a little back story, we want to know how the picture came to be
- You must have used a valid email address to register here at Windows Central, so I know how to contact the winner
- Only ONE entry per week per person
How to use Tapatalk to post images in the Windows Central forums
We've got a handy guide for that!
- How to use Tapatalk to post images in the Windows Central forums | Windows Central
We're going to continue our social sharing of entries. Share any pictures you take for the contest on Instagram, Twitter and Fhotoroom using the following hashtags. It's a fun way to at a glance check out your competition and get inspiration. Plus we're building a community of Windows Phone mobile photographers!
Here's how it looks this week.
This doesn't count as your entry; it's just a fun way to track the photos on social media. Your entry still needs to be in the forums!
One winner will get a $25 gift card to the Windows Phone Store. You can use it to buy apps and games in the Windows Phone Store, Windows Store or Xbox Store.
We'll pick a winner Tuesday night (February 24) at 11:59 PM ET. Winners will be announced in a blog post for the contest next week.