Weight Tracking

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Then again, I can conjure up inside my own head that they removed it from HealthVault (HV) so they can add it to Microsoft Health (MH).
No idea. I'm not sure why it would be a either/or thing. My best guess is that they felt it wasn't being used, so it was dropped when some update broke it. I didn't see anything on the MS side to sync, so it must have been from the Withings side - which means they knew exactly how much it was (or wasn't) being used.

Withings and Microsoft don't compete with each other, at least not in scales, so they could get along. And maybe in turn have MH sync to HV which is perhaps a cleaner way to do. Let's hope.
I donno about that. They seem to have a complete line of stuff, including activity trackers. They appear to have the most complete ecosystem around. Even more than FitBit. They've got what I'd hoped that MS was building (although in an inclusive way, not walled-garden style.)

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
No idea. I'm not sure why it would be a either/or thing. My best guess is that they felt it wasn't being used, so it was dropped when some update broke it. I didn't see anything on the MS side to sync, so it must have been from the Withings side - which means they knew exactly how much it was (or wasn't) being used.

I donno about that. They seem to have a complete line of stuff, including activity trackers. They appear to have the most complete ecosystem around. Even more than FitBit. They've got what I'd hoped that MS was building (although in an inclusive way, not walled-garden style.)

Yup, I'm solely speculating...

New info: When I entered my weight in Microsoft Health on my 1520.3 running 10586.71, it immediately synced with HealthValue.

Yea, I was winging it on that "they don't compete" notion, they do compete on who holds the data and who will become the destination site. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. I'm just hoping it ends up on Microsoft, but it's not the end of the world to end up on MyFitinessPal or Withings, or someone else.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
they do compete on who holds the data and who will become the destination site.

Yeah, that seems to be what everyone is fighting for. Including the people who make the gym equipment. MS has a history of welcoming all to the party (unlike the bitten fruit company), and I really expected to see more devices that would feed it. With MS Health running on a major cloud system feeding HealthVault, it seemed like it was really posed to be a winner. (Google shut down their medical records, and you know Apple isn't going to play with anyone who doesn't own their devices. Everyone left seems to be small-time payers. Seems like a market that's Microsoft's to loose.)

At least this reviewer thinks highly of the MS backend.

Manmikey

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
It's good to be able to input weight now but I really hope they update to allow stones and pounds instead of just pounds for us in the UK

epmoj

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
WTF the Health app does not accept a comma as a decimal point when adding weight though ones settings would imply this. Metric, locale etc.... :-(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2pretty4tv