What apps am I "missing out" on?

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Apps apps apps. It's all I ever hear about. Based on the articles and forum posts I read - I feel like there's this mystical magical world of apps that I am denying myself by using a windows phone.

So, a friend of mine recently let me use his old Samsung Galaxy S4 for a week so I could see what I was "missing out" on.

First thing I did was basically get the apps I already use on my windows phone - Instagram, Facebook, Reddit (boy is Readit better), Office, Outlook, Wunderlist, Microsoft Health, Weather channel, and Spotify... I don't play tons of games on my phone, but a few puzzle stuff like Candy Crush and mini games.

Then... What next? Oh what should I download for apps!! The world was now my app oyster! Anything could be mine!

For the rest of the week I'd peruse the Play Store downloading random apps. I'd install them, open them once (or twice) and never again.

My friend said I could use the phone for another week... and by the end of the two weeks I found that I didn't use any apps other than the same apps I use on Windows. I also found I didn't enjoy using this device. It was boring to me to look at.

I gave the phone back, went back to my Lumia 640 XL and felt no regrets. In fact I was quite happy to be back on Windows.

I'm realized I'm not "missing out" on anything. In fact I have everything I want and more.

I guess the grass isn't always greener.

I'll be pre-ordering a Lumia 950 XL ASAP and can't wait for what it will bring.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Apps apps apps. It's all I ever hear about. Based on the articles and forum posts I read - I feel like there's this mystical magical world of apps that I am denying myself by using a windows phone.

So, a friend of mine recently let me use his old Samsung Galaxy S4 for a week so I could see what I was "missing out" on.

First thing I did was basically get the apps I already use on my windows phone - Instagram, Facebook, Reddit (boy is Readit better), Office, Outlook, Wunderlist, Microsoft Health, Weather channel, and Spotify... I don't play tons of games on my phone, but a few puzzle stuff like Candy Crush and mini games.

Then... What next? Oh what should I download for apps!! The world was now my app oyster! Anything could be mine!

For the rest of the week I'd peruse the Play Store downloading random apps. I'd install them, open them once (or twice) and never again.

My friend said I could use the phone for another week... and by the end of the two weeks I found that I didn't use any apps other than the same apps I use on Windows. I also found I didn't enjoy using this device. It was boring to me to look at.

I gave the phone back, went back to my Lumia 640 XL and felt no regrets. In fact I was quite happy to be back on Windows.

I'm realized I'm not "missing out" on anything. In fact I have everything I want and more.

I guess the grass isn't always greener.

I'll be pre-ordering a Lumia 950 XL ASAP and can't wait for what it will bring.

Go to the app store on iOS and just download any app on the front page, you'll be amazed. At least try that before judging trust me.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
To put it basically - it was like shopping at a store that provides all you need then one day you walk into Walmart. Sure there is a ton of "stuff" there, but I don't actually need any of it. Maybe some people want that. I don't need it

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
To put it basically - it was like shopping at a store that provides all you need then one day you walk into Walmart. Sure there is a ton of "stuff" there, but I don't actually need any of it. Maybe some people want that. I don't need it
if that's how you feel then you made the right choice sticking with windows :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion