What are these networks? H H+

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
why would a newer phone not be capable of LTE is beyond me, specially one that's designed for business..
Not sure what you mean. I just ran a speed test after reading your post. I'm pretty sure theae are LTE speeds.

l1ZOLjW.jpg

Sent from mTalk

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
LTE+ will give you slightly higher speeds then regular LTE, it is actually LTE Enhanced, I sometimes get it on Rogers in Canada but not that often.

That's not true. The x-3 is capable of LTE-A/LTE+. It's on the carrier backend. I've read a lot about it, but I'm not a tech in that area so couldn't explain the technicality of this issue.

Sent from mTalk
LTE+ is LTE enhanced and is available in certain areas for me on Rogers in Canada, will give better speeds when connected.

Last edited by a moderator:

jes1888

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Hello here, new x3 owner with only 48 hours tinkering with it after a 950xl m on at&t. I just popped the sim out of the 950xl and put it here. Phone automatically detected LTE, I've seen sometimes Quick flashings of the LTE+ sometimes, but when I say flashing I mean like it appears and disappears quickly like more than 20 times in 10 seconds. Never seen lte+ in another phone so in this area. Thing is that I was concerned because on the H and H+ signs while on a call or some areas here when In my L950xl it showed 4G while in a call. I went to the at&t store, have the latest soon card model, settings the phone added automatically, they configured the apn with ones on their latest phones. And when doing a speed test thru the app in shows around the same speed that the ones showed in the above screenshot. However, when the at&t rep did a speed test on his phone the speed were the double, around 50mb's down and around 10 upload. It was a freaking iphone 6s or 7 so it was a recent phone. I left the store with a sour taste. Why does these phones don't get to those Speeds? Rep told me something about at&t phones being optimized for their networks but I call that bulls***t. Any thoughts? Someone with this phone on at&t has experienced this?

pjhenry1216

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello here, new x3 owner with only 48 hours tinkering with it after a 950xl m on at&t. I just popped the sim out of the 950xl and put it here. Phone automatically detected LTE, I've seen sometimes Quick flashings of the LTE+ sometimes, but when I say flashing I mean like it appears and disappears quickly like more than 20 times in 10 seconds. Never seen lte+ in another phone so in this area. Thing is that I was concerned because on the H and H+ signs while on a call or some areas here when In my L950xl it showed 4G while in a call. I went to the at&t store, have the latest soon card model, settings the phone added automatically, they configured the apn with ones on their latest phones. And when doing a speed test thru the app in shows around the same speed that the ones showed in the above screenshot. However, when the at&t rep did a speed test on his phone the speed were the double, around 50mb's down and around 10 upload. It was a freaking iphone 6s or 7 so it was a recent phone. I left the store with a sour taste. Why does these phones don't get to those Speeds? Rep told me something about at&t phones being optimized for their networks but I call that bulls***t. Any thoughts? Someone with this phone on at&t has experienced this?

I get this experience and I'm using T-mobile. Flashes LTE/LTE+ back and forth real quick sometimes, however i never get a solid LTE+. So, its not carrier specific since it happens on both. Maybe it happens to unlocked phones? Not sure. I might try contacting HP Support I guess?

pjhenry1216

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I talked to HP about it this morning (called about a separate issue... the phone said i removed my SD card when i didn't. they said they've upgraded the sim tray and are overnighting the new one to me. pretty awesome customer support). They said I have to talk to Tmobile first to ensure everything is setup properly and that my SIM card can support it (is that even a thing? i'm not sure) and if it still doesn't work, I can call back. The support person left my ticket open and said if someone else doesn't take ownership of the ticket prior to her returning on tuesday (she's out tomorrow until then), she'll call back and follow up on it. So, yeah, slight annoyances with the phone, but HP support is great.

Added/Edited: So I'm going to be trying to stop by a Tmobile store this week and have them make sure everything is fine on their end and that I don't need to replace my SIM card. After that, its still a problem, I'll talk to HP again.

Last edited:

pjhenry1216

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
So, I finally had a chance to stop by a store. No one knew anything about what I was talking about. They didn't know what LTE Advanced or Enhanced were. They didn't even think Tmobile supported it. All they tried was giving me a new SIM card as mine was a slightly older version. Still have the same issue, so that didn't fix anything. I read somewhere about having Tmobile update the IMEI they have on your account, but not sure how much that would help if any.

jes1888

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Did you solved anything? Mine still is flashing lte+ back and forth,I haven't done anything about it though. My Lumia 950xl never did this So I don't know what to say. On the AT&T store they gave me the latest apn settings and applied them, still the same up to this day, they said something about att rolling out gradually an upgrade to their network and what not, still the same up to this day. I'm not frustrated by this, just really curious.

pjhenry1216

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
So, I called Tmobile about it and got a tech. Also seemed confused by carrier aggregation, even though Tmobile has been using it for years. They say it should simply just work, so there's no configuration needed other than to be compatible. So I need to talk to HP again. I'm also having an issue with the SIM tray in that the SD card suddenly becomes removed for no reason and I have to restart the phone for it to be seen again. So I'll bring it up with them when I talk to them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happy