What case do you use?

jcomey

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I have been mulling my options for a SP4 case. I know there are some interesting choices out there. But I want to know, what case are you using, and why do you use it? What is the advantage of your case? I can't decide if I want a case, or if I want to go with a folio...right now, I'm using the Waterfield sleeve that went with my old Vaio Z, and that's okay for now...but eventually, I want something that is designed specifically for the SP4.

Your input is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't really use a case. My briefcase for work has a sleeve that fits the Surface perfectly and I have a messenger bag that has a padded compartment, otherwise I just carry it. The sleeves I saw at the Microsoft store are kind of bulky.

GatsbyGlen

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm just using my backpack for now. I thought about getting something from sfbags.com, but a case/bag isn't a priority right now.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3282358

What I like:

The Cyan Bubble microfiber neoprene interior that fits the Surface Pro 4 perfectly with pen after initial stretching (SP4/Pen absolutely safe when inside)
Front Pocket (Cleaning cloth, nano USBs, USB 4 port hub, Ethernet dongle, Miracast extension cord,MS 3600 BT Mouse, Surface power cord)
Back Pocket (BT MS Wedge Keyboard, VGA dongle, HDMI dongle , 6 foot HDMI MtoM)
Minimal size and weight
Price $22.99 with Prime

What I don't like:
A bit fem looking
Not liking the shoulder strap (too long/wide and annoying if you leave it on as it seems too big so I just leave it off)

61lNOS3UMtL.jpg

61vvHbrmexL._SL1001_.jpg

At less than $25 this is a great way to protect you $1000+ device

Last edited:

BCL_WA

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Not a jacket, but I using the Bestbuy leather cover case "Platinum" series for surface 3 or 4. I'm impressed. $49.

WildKarrde

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Currently I used an undersized Platinum case designed for the SP2. I had a great compact Targus case with my SP2 that carried absolutely everything I needed. SP2, 2 power covers, a Kindle Fire 7, TI-89, charging cables for my iPhone and Kindle, HDMI cable, travel charger, full size mouse, etc.... I'd like to find something like that.

WildKarrde

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3294614

I just got that in the mail today. It's not quite as nice as some of the other cases in this thread, but it's super compact, holds a ton, and cost less than $14!

It's currently holding my SP4, Qi-Infinity 35000 mAh battery, Kindle Fire 7, TI-89, Logitech G700 wireless mouse, HDMI cable, Fire 7 cable, iPhone cable, G700 cable, spare batteries for the TI-89, Jot Pro stylus, SP4 stylus, ear buds, mechanical pencil, 2 spare erasers and a lint-free cleaning cloth! Granted, it bulges, but it gets the job done. :D

Simon Campbell

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi

first I must say how stressful its been trying to post this. first I cant upload pictures from computer, then I cant link pictures as less than 10 likes then I cant add url for the same reason so please please help me out and like this post so I can do it next time :)

I have this on the way. I wanted thin, hidable handles and a few pockets for external sd card and oter small peripherals along with charging brick

amazon item number = 885157946360

I also ordered this so the UK 3 pin plug was not an issue

amazon item number = B00BMQZH72

Attachments

• 51-wBh9CwSL._SY300_.jpg
    51-wBh9CwSL._SY300_.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 57

Simon Campbell

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Having now used this case and new plug for about a week i would like to update by past post

The Bag
Positives
  • Good quality for the price
  • Nice and Slim
  • Light Weight
  • I like the foldaway handles as i don't always like to carry it with them.

Negatives
  • The zip pocket is not big enough for ideal use
  • The Pen only just fits inside and you have to be careful not to get it caught in the zip
(im not replacing it as it does the job but if i did replace in future i would get a back like in boltman2013 post above with popped out side pocket.)

The Plug

I think its fab
Works as well as stock plug but folds away nicely (As above there is not allot of space in my bags pocket but the brick and plug fit in ok)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte