What color type cover keyboard are you getting with your SP3 ?

acsn

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I am attaching two pictures of the new type cover in red color. I preordered with the purple and I think I may keep the purple but the red does look nice. It is not a deep red so I can see that the edges underneath were already kinda dirty with the one in the store. Hard to keep clean? The black does look professional (I looked at the type cover 2 - black). Cyan is too light of a blue color based on the pictures that I have seen so I am worried that it will look dirty very quickly. I could get the black but wanted some color so I guess purple then. :smile:

I visited the Microsoft store today. They only have the red type cover on display. I asked about other colors and was told that the store is only displaying the red since it is exclusive to Microsoft Stores. I am not sure if this is accurate but the employee said that the Best Buy blue will be available at the store and elsewhere after 90 days. The reason I say it may not be accurate is that he did not give me a lot of confidence in his knowledge of all things Surface Pro 3. There were two SP3 on display. The first one I got my hands on, I could not get the trackpad to scroll using the two fingers motion. He kept saying this is due to the demo that they have loaded on the devices, which locks some of the features. I told him I did not quite believe that as this would be features that people would like to see/try in person if they were to go into the store. He again told me the same thing. So I disconnected the keyboard and connected it to the second device on display. And guess what? The two finger scroll now works. :eck:

IMG_1259.png
IMG_1260.png

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered red online from the MS Store website last night and noticed it's showing backordered. May have to change to a different color.

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered the cyan cover. But when I went to the store and saw the red one, I liked that too.

The guy at the store told me that I should cancel the cyan cover I preordered because MS will likely offer a $200 bundle that includes: Type cover for SP3, 2 year coverage includes drops/accidents, and MS Office. He said that's what they are offering right now for the SP2. If they are really going to offer the $200 bundle for SP3, then I will just get that. I dropped my SP1 several weeks ago. And prior to that, I dropped my L1020....been clumsy lately. Doing the math, the type cover is $130, so for additional $70, get Office and 2 year coverage is a pretty sweet deal. I will see what coverage they offer on launch day.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I keep going back and forth between the red and cyan. I initially ordered red, cancelled and ordered cyan and now I have both on pre-order until I figure out what the heck I'm doing.

go with the purple. clearly if red and cyan had a baby, you get the best of both worlds.
en-INTL-L-Surface-Cover-Purple-RD2-00078-mnco.jpg

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
By the way, the Dark Blue is only a Best Buy exclusive in the USA ;) Microsoft here in Europe has it available on their sites for us to buy ;)

I'm not even sure I'm getting an SP3. But if I do get one, I think I'll go for the Dark Blue since I already have the Black Type Cover 1 and Purple Type Cover 2.
Unfortunately the SP3 only comes in that silver so I think the only colours that go well, for my taste, with it are the Dark Blue and the Black.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
No way will Worst Buy not have the blue on launch day. It's already on their site, for one thing. They're not going to put it up that far in advance. They're also not going to miss out on their opportunity to have an exclusive on launch day. You can't get it anywhere else, so you're more likely to get your Surface there if they have it. Otherwise, there's no reason to go to them. Personally, I can't stand the place, but the blue is the reason that I'm even considering buying from them. If I'm already going to be in the store to get the blue keyboard, there's no reason I should drive an hour to the Microsoft Store so I can pay the same price for the PC. Unless they won't give me the student discount - then I'll drive the hour to save the >$100. My school doesn't issue student IDs since it is a 100% online school. I'm going to take my student course schedule with me.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
No way will Worst Buy not have the blue on launch day. It's already on their site, for one thing. They're not going to put it up that far in advance. They're also not going to miss out on their opportunity to have an exclusive on launch day. You can't get it anywhere else, so you're more likely to get your Surface there if they have it. Otherwise, there's no reason to go to them. Personally, I can't stand the place, but the blue is the reason that I'm even considering buying from them. If I'm already going to be in the store to get the blue keyboard, there's no reason I should drive an hour to the Microsoft Store so I can pay the same price for the PC. Unless they won't give me the student discount - then I'll drive the hour to save the >$100. My school doesn't issue student IDs since it is a 100% online school. I'm going to take my student course schedule with me.

microsoft staff said BB will only have it exclusive for 30 days. lol

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I was considering the Best Buy blue, but after seeing some photos on Reddit, it appears to be more like a really dark purple, so Black for me!

I wish they had a white one though, I was a fan of the white touch-cover, but not the touch-cover itself for typing. It's understandable that they don't have it, back-lit keys wouldn't really work very well, but my white touch-cover was super striking.

Surface-White-Touch-Cover.jpg

Mercule

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I was considering the Best Buy blue, but after seeing some photos on Reddit, it appears to be more like a really dark purple, so Black for me!

I wish they had a white one though, I was a fan of the white touch-cover, but not the touch-cover itself for typing. It's understandable that they don't have it, back-lit keys wouldn't really work very well, but my white touch-cover was super striking.
That does look pretty sweet. I've had bad luck keeping white peripherals clean, but that might be worth trying, if it existed.

flajax1

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I picked up the red because it looked more garnet/dark red. Is that accurate, has anyone seen it in person? If it's bright red, I'll be swapping it out for the dark best buy blue.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
So I'm about to go pick up a cyan type convert from BB. But I'm kinda having second thoughts. I've been thinking about the red. Anybody with red had second thoughts?
Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
So I'm about to go pick up a cyan type convert from BB. But I'm kinda having second thoughts. I've been thinking about the red. Anybody with red had second thoughts?
Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

I picked up cyan. It's super beautiful, especially with the backlight on. It looks almost futuristic

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah....i went ahead with the cyan. You're right, its awesome. I'm so excited to try this new toy it?

Yep. I got the cyan too. For me though there was no hesitation. It was the color that stood out more than red or blue. And besides, it matches my cyan/charcoal Incipio Dual Pro case I have on my Icon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeekshithSH