What happened to Windows Capture 3D?

Generalheed

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I remember back when they first announced the Windows 10 Creators Update, they demoed an app called Windows Capture 3D on the HP Elite X3 that allowed you to use any Windows 10 mobile device to scan objects into 3D models. After the demo, they announced it was coming to Windows 10 Mobile "soon" and eventually to Android and iOS. Well, it's been like half a year now and there hasn't been any further information since then about the app. Does anyone know what happened to it? I was going to use it for a HoloLens project I'm working on at school but the app still isn't available despite the Creators Update about to come out soon to general availability.

Also, assuming we won't be getting that app anytime soon, does anyone have any suggestions for alternative 3D scanning apps for any mobile platform? I remember there used to be an Autodesk app for Windows Phone but it's gone now. I've been trying out Scann3d on Android but it doesn't work too well at the moment. Is there anything else out there?

suspa

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I remember back when they first announced the Windows 10 Creators Update, they demoed an app called Windows Capture 3D on the HP Elite X3 that allowed you to use any Windows 10 mobile device to scan objects into 3D models. After the demo, they announced it was coming to Windows 10 Mobile "soon" and eventually to Android and iOS. Well, it's been like half a year now and there hasn't been any further information since then about the app. Does anyone know what happened to it? I was going to use it for a HoloLens project I'm working on at school but the app still isn't available despite the Creators Update about to come out soon to general availability.

Also, assuming we won't be getting that app anytime soon, does anyone have any suggestions for alternative 3D scanning apps for any mobile platform? I remember there used to be an Autodesk app for Windows Phone but it's gone now. I've been trying out Scann3d on Android but it doesn't work too well at the moment. Is there anything else out there?

There is Trnio for iPhone. trnio.com

poliTechnsis

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fp%2F3d-builder%2F9wzdncrfj3t6&token=-tWD_v86

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb