what happened to youtube app??

circe801

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
i have had a lumia 640 for over a year--still running 8.1 as i cannot seem to get the upgrade for some reason. that aside, yesterday, i had to do a hard reset due to a camera malfunction. after reset, i noticed that the youtube app which had come on the phone was now gone--and is now unavailable in the store. guess i'll have to find a replacement, but, what happened to it??
well, so far, i like NONE of those other 'tube' apps available in the store. is it possible to copy the app off my husband's 640 onto my pc and then transfer it to my phone, as the apps do not show when i hook phone up to pc.
because trying to 'share' the app on his phone leads to an endless 'loading' screen. other apps can be shared, but apparently not this one...
thanks.

Last edited:

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
i have had a lumia 640 for over a year--still running 8.1 as i cannot seem to get the upgrade for some reason. that aside, yesterday, i had to do a hard reset due to a camera malfunction. after reset, i noticed that the youtube app which had come on the phone was now gone--and is now unavailable in the store. guess i'll have to find a replacement, but, what happened to it??
well, so far, i like NONE of those other 'tube' apps available in the store. is it possible to copy the app off my husband's 640 onto my pc and then transfer it to my phone, as the apps do not show when i hook phone up to pc.
because trying to 'share' the app on his phone leads to an endless 'loading' screen. other apps can be shared, but apparently not this one...
thanks.

You can check your It's apps in your Store > library.
Find it and install.

YouTube best alternative : myTube!

circe801

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Aman Deep Singh--thanks, but i already tried that. there are 10 apps, 'acquired' from 4- 'about' 12 months ago (original, came with phone) which are now "not available". funny, because they're STILL ALL ON MY HUSBAND'S PHONE, and working. cannot be 'shared' from the other phone. all i get is an endless 'loading' page, which disappears when the screen goes to lock. this is maddening!! i don't like ANY of the third-party apps--they all have ads, and i am not buying one when I ALREADY HAD THIS. this is unacceptable--and microsoft does. not. care...
and this, all because of an unopenable camera app--which also came with the phone. damn.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos