What is that directory loading bar??

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

prntscr.com/bloaxc

Sometimes when I enter a folder and/or try to open a kinda bigger file, this green loading bar in the directory above has to fill first for the file to be opened or the preview picture displayed.

What exactly is it doing there? I can't recall that this happened from the start and it sometimes is annoyingly long to wait half a minute for a 300MB video to start. Can I get rid of it?

Many thanks in advance!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
prntscr.com/bloaxc

Sometimes when I enter a folder and/or try to open a kinda bigger file, this green loading bar in the directory above has to fill first for the file to be opened or the preview picture displayed.

What exactly is it doing there? I can't recall that this happened from the start and it sometimes is annoyingly long to wait half a minute for a 300MB video to start. Can I get rid of it?

Many thanks in advance!

that's just a progress bar on how long it's taking to open or preview the file/folder. The bigger the file/folder, the longer it takes. However, with pictures, over time this gets faster. I think can speed things up if folder and file indexing is on

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit