What is the best SD card?

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello! I have the Lumia 1320 and it is so slow with my currently SD card... Some Apps can take around 10 seconds to load and the frame rate can be really bad some times, I am wondering what is the best SD card to buy?

Thanks.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello! I have the Lumia 1320 and it is so slow with my currently SD card... Some Apps can take around 10 seconds to load and the frame rate can be really bad some times, I am wondering what is the best SD card to buy?

Thanks.

Any Class10/10+ SD card is good with performance on high end Windows phones.

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I use to use SanDisk Ultra. Then someone turned me on to SanDisk Extreme Plus. The Ultra is 30MB/s while the Extreme Plus is 80MB/s. I don't have a phone which uses MicroSD card but I use microSD card in my Surface Pro 2. I did some copying tests from an external USB drive to the internal drive of the SP2 and then to the SD card. I was stunned to find the Extreme Plus was nearly as fast as the internal drive in tests copying videos of about 4GB total. It's nearly 2x the price of Ultra, but if it's speed you're looking for, Extreme Plus it is.

If you're looking for great prices on memory, check out: B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders

Photographers love this place.

cummy_bears

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

Just received and my Samsung 64GB EVO (MB-MP64DA/AM) and started using it in my Nokia Lumina 1520. Decided on this after people on the forum reporting some stuttering with 1080p video with the SanDisk Ultra. Don't have money for the SanDisk Extreme plus, but the read/write speeds on that were ridiculous. Went with the Samsung over the SanDisk because of the slightly quicker random read and write speeds (benchmarking from: The Best microSD Card | The Wirecutter), because I was planning on storing my apps on the SD card.

Migrated my apps and recorded 1080p video with no lag or stuttering or appreciable load times. So far so good. Haven't tried the SanDisk, but if you're looking for another option.

Veett

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
samsung_pro.pngSamsung PRO 32GB
sandisk_ultra.pngSandisk Ultra 32GB
samsung_evo.pngSamsung EVO 64GB

Sorry only had USB 2.0 card reader so PRO cant achieve speeds that it could (up to R90/W80)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel