What is the best way to backup my Pro 6? Is it an external SSD from Samsung, SanDisk, etc.?

Dude2

Aug 15, 2018
Visit site
What is the best way to backup my Pro 6? Is it an external SSD from Samsung, SanDisk, etc. or does USB Flash memory even come close?

Speed is not that big of a deal just want to make sure I spend my money on the most reliable storage for the long term.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
What is the best way to backup my Pro 6? Is it an external SSD from Samsung, SanDisk, etc. or does USB Flash memory even come close?

Speed is not that big of a deal just want to make sure I spend my money on the most reliable storage for the long term.
, I use external hdd's for that, cheaper than external ssd (if speed is less important). You can expect about 100mb/s at most with external hdd iirc.
Whatever the case, I would recommend getting an external hdd/ssd from a popular brand (Samsung, Toshiba, WD, Seagate), one with an popular/normal storage amount (500 gb, 1000 gb, 2000 gb) and of course skim the reviews/forums for possible issues with specific models.

If you absolutely want the highest reliability, check the more expensive/pro models of brands (I don't know the specific properties you should watch for).

If you just want absolutely certainty that you can never loose data because a device breaks, have 2 backups (e.g. external hdd + cloud, or external hdd + NAS, or external hdd + microsd or usb stick).
In general I think usb or sd are great as 2nd backup but bad to solely replace external hdd/ssd since they are less reliable.

Does that answer your question?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes