What should I do when my bricked Lumia 950 does not get detected by windows, no sound, anything, but when plugged to my pixel phone it shows this.

crash

Aug 3, 2024
Visit site
It's a while since I used with Microsoft recovery tool, but even if Windows doesn't detect the device and present it in Explorer, does the recovery tool see it at-all?

The pixel phone may just be identifying that something that looks like a USB plug has been connected to it.
It might not be talking to anything software or even firmware-wise on the Windows phone end.

How did the phone end up getting bricked?
If the phone has been unused for a long time, is it certain that the battery is OK?

intelinsidecomputer

Jun 24, 2024
Visit site
It's a while since I used with Microsoft recovery tool, but even if Windows doesn't detect the device and present it in Explorer, does the recovery tool see it at-all?

The pixel phone may just be identifying that something that looks like a USB plug has been connected to it.
It might not be talking to anything software or even firmware-wise on the Windows phone end.

How did the phone end up getting bricked?
If the phone has been unused for a long time, is it certain that the battery is OK?
When I unlocked bootloader it got stuck mid process so I restarted it and here you go.
Battery is OK

crash

Aug 3, 2024
Visit site
Thanks, I understand the problem now.

If it was done via:
.. then it may be worth asking the devs for any advice they can offer. I've not used that tool in the past.
It doesn't inspire me with confidence in trying to use it myself, if so.
The L950 handsets aren't getting any more common nowadays.

I see that there is a new version of Microsoft's recovery tool that connects properly to their servers (the one I loaded up earlier today from my old installers folder from 2021 did not want to work).
I got that from here, under the heading "Recover your HoloLens":

It may be able to sense the device and put it back to rights.

I see from here that there is a "flashing mode" available which is bit like iOS recovery mode (Please don't ask. I worked for Apple for a few years, which was a few years longer than I liked to):

If neither of those approaches work, there may be little else that can be done.
It would be very interesting to know why the unlocking process failed in the first place.
I wonder if it may be an indication that there was a low-level hardware issue on that handset in the first place.

A new-in-box L950 runs for about £250 even now and you really don't want to put one through a flashing/unlocking process if there's a genuine chance of wiping it out.

Personally, as soon as I saw that the camera didn't work (which is perfectly fair, because who is ever going to write the drivers for Win10/11 desktop for this device?) that was a deal-breaker for me, since to use it as a tiny PC makes less sense to me than just buying a little Windows tablet and teaming it up with a little feature phone with a hotspot/tethering (which is something that WinMobile can still do just fine anyway).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonE