What the heck is 16212.1000.rs_iot.170531-1800 (UUP-CTv2)

Antchexec

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
HELP!!!!!Both my Alcatel 4s are now bricked after this update installed with no way to restore. WDRT does not recognize either phone so it will not flash to restore, This is regular update as I have not activated Windows In sider of either phone???? I just got these two phone a couple of weeks ago !What now Microsoft???

It didn't recognise my Lumia 950, but clicking "Device not recognised?" enabled me to select 'Lumia 950', and it worked fine, from there. Perhaps, that's just a Lumia thing. However, some people have succeeded in recovering, by simply clicking retry, over and over again. It seems, because of the frequent restarts, there is a small window for the recognition process to catch. Also, someone said this occurred throughout the process of re-flashing, but it still worked, eventually.

fishsniffer2

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded the WDRT software for Alcatel to my PC but can't get the phones to flash, no retry option either Phones are on lightning bolt (Flash) mode but will not flash no matter how long I wait, just keep on restating when usb cable is plugged into PC. Is Microsoft doing anything ? Anybody? I'm without phones no and feel this should be an important enough problem for them to publish an emergency patch!

Chuck Pedretti

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Fun stuff. Woke up this morning to the phone rebooting every 30 seconds or so and no way to get it to stop. WDRT is reloading it at the moment. (Alcatel 1 Touch XL)

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
The key is to ensure the os is downloaded first then plug phone in . The loader will eventually pick it up

Sent from mTalk on 950XL

Snoke

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
My phone has downloaded the files for the update, but hasn't updated phone.
While files were downloading I read the problem on here stopped it. Set insider to pause.
But then my phone still wanted to finish download and wouldn't stop.
I downloaded WDRT as recommended in preparation to use, but it seems my pause won't let the corrupt update files to install.
My question is with the files on my phone - when MS fixes this issue will it overwrite or delete the bad files and install fix without issue, or am I sunk and will need to reset using WDRT before any other updates can be installed and work ?

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I agree what was already mentioned in this thread. This is nail in coffin for WP. Probably 2/3rds of the remaining WP users aren't on sites like this and will figure their old phone is broken and will go out and get a new phone. Android or IOS

Twitter: @PhotographyET

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
If the update has downloaded and prepared but not yet rebooted to install it, you can set the date 40 years in the future and shutdown the phone by holding the power button and swiping down. Turn it back on and go back to phone update, it should purge the "obsolete" update. Then set the time back to normal and reboot again.

I can't take credit for this, found it on the twitter, but it worked for me.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I downloaded the WDRT software for Alcatel to my PC but can't get the phones to flash, no retry option either Phones are on lightning bolt (Flash) mode but will not flash no matter how long I wait, just keep on restating when usb cable is plugged into PC. Is Microsoft doing anything ? Anybody? I'm without phones no and feel this should be an important enough problem for them to publish an emergency patch!

If Microsoft did issue an emergency patch for the IDOL4s it would not be for the phone but rather to patch the WDRT so that it can flash the Open Market device properly. On the other hand Alcatel could release a FW patch that could save the phone if it has not already been rebooted and in a boot loop.... Are you using the T-Mobil variant or Unlocked Open market model? Either way it sounds like you are best off contacting Alcatel at this point as I mentioned before.

drevdaug

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
I was saying "final nail in the coffin" last night as well. I was actually looking at Android devices online as I tried to repair my Lumia 735(I have a iPhone 6 for work... meh). I don't know if this thing will last long enough, if no new devices are released on Verizon soon.

My Lumia 735 restored to 8.1, so I had to go through the process to get it back up to 10. Over 5 hours of my life lost getting my phone back. It actually runs a lot better now than it has in a while. I still love how my Windows phone works, but if they don't release new devices soon, I will have to jump ship. I only bought my 735 to hold me over from my beloved 928. I didn't plan on this phone having to last long term while we wait for better devices.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was saying "final nail in the coffin" last night as well. I was actually looking at Android devices online as I tried to repair my Lumia 735(I have a iPhone 6 for work... meh). I don't know if this thing will last long enough, if no new devices are released on Verizon soon.

My Lumia 735 restored to 8.1, so I had to go through the process to get it back up to 10. Over 5 hours of my life lost getting my phone back. It actually runs a lot better now than it has in a while. I still love how my Windows phone works, but if they don't release new devices soon, I will have to jump ship. I only bought my 735 to hold me over from my beloved 928. I didn't plan on this phone having to last long term while we wait for better devices.

You're going to have to jump ship, Windows 10 Mobile doesn't even support any chipsets newer than what's in the Elite X3 and there's no metaphorical land to be found on the horizon for both software and hardware save for the odd iceberg and piece of driftwood.

Although MS did get the "rebooting" part in the "rebooting mobile software and hardware" right.

anon(9809330)

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
It didn't recognise my Lumia 950, but clicking "Device not recognised?" enabled me to select 'Lumia 950', and it worked fine, from there. Perhaps, that's just a Lumia thing. However, some people have succeeded in recovering, by simply clicking retry, over and over again. It seems, because of the frequent restarts, there is a small window for the recognition process to catch. Also, someone said this occurred throughout the process of re-flashing, but it still worked, eventually.

This is exactly what happened with my 4s T-Mobile edition. Must have clicked retry about 60 times till the 2.49 GB file finished downloading.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss