What the heck is 16212.1000.rs_iot.170531-1800 (UUP-CTv2)

TechJunkie81

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
My phone is paused from updates, buy only for a week (from a couple of days ago). What's the plan/procedure ?
Is MS going to fix this before time runs out.

If your device has the update paused then go to your clock settings and change it to a few years ahead of time, reboot and you should see it say the update has timed out and canceled and return your clock to the correct date.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
@Snoke, if you are still sitting with phone on 'pause', and "HAVE NOT" Restarted to finish the install, read Post#53 by @PepperdotNet (Page 3), he found a fix that will remove the pending 16212.1001 update...it worked for me. But to provide full disclosure, I have subsequently taken this opportunity to replace my 950XL at the Microsoft Store, because my camera was defective - which coincidently, I had been going to do for about a week prior to this debacle, so I am work with a clean slate:)

4mrfan

Jun 4, 2017
Visit site
Not on Insiders program but after my 950 Dual SIM loaded the 15063.297 build it has become completely erratic. Not sure exactly when the update occurred but probably a couple of weeks ago. Replaced battery with new battery after reading that was the problem.

The new battery has not helped. Phone gets caught in reboot loops but randomly will restart, oftentimes if it does the Wifi will be unavailable. Problems seem to be worst after battery gets below 75%. When the battery is topped off (the new or old one) it will work fine for a period including wifi but once battery runs down a bit it usually locks up or will just randomly restart and then just show the Windows logo and get stuck in a reboot loop.

Not sure what else could be causing all of this. The phone was working flawlessly until the new update was loaded and then that seems to have caused a cascading set of issues.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Not on Insiders program but after my 950 Dual SIM loaded the 15063.297 build it has become completely erratic. Not sure exactly when the update occurred but probably a couple of weeks ago. Replaced battery with new battery after reading that was the problem.

The new battery has not helped. Phone gets caught in reboot loops but randomly will restart, oftentimes if it does the Wifi will be unavailable. Problems seem to be worst after battery gets below 75%. When the battery is topped off (the new or old one) it will work fine for a period including wifi but once battery runs down a bit it usually locks up or will just randomly restart and then just show the Windows logo and get stuck in a reboot loop.

Not sure what else could be causing all of this. The phone was working flawlessly until the new update was loaded and then that seems to have caused a cascading set of issues.

Have you tried a hard reset yet? Although that may not help anyway. To me sounds like some other faulty hw happening. If the software is up and running and then HW somehow gives out or malfunctions that could cause a spontaneous reboot.

drevdaug

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
This update was actually a blessing in disguise for me. I have had some quirks since the phone was new, and reboot issues on and off ever since. Yes, I lost 5 hours of my life restoring the phone... but it has worked pretty much flawless ever since(and I hate saying that... as last time I did, it took a dive within hours of posting). Had I known that this would have fixed the quirks that I was dealing with, I would have restored it long ago.

Now I will say that my 735 is "almost" as good as my 928. LOL

Kim Newton1

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
This update was actually a blessing in disguise for me. I have had some quirks since the phone was new, and reboot issues on and off ever since. Yes, I lost 5 hours of my life restoring the phone... but it has worked pretty much flawless ever since(and I hate saying that... as last time I did, it took a dive within hours of posting). Had I known that this would have fixed the quirks that I was dealing with, I would have restored it long ago.

Now I will say that my 735 is "almost" as good as my 928. LOL

I know it's a few days ago but I'd just like to say that I had more or less the same problem with my 640XL.
I had left it on charge on Friday night and had the endless re-boot issue on Saturday morning.
Tried all the possible hard reset options etc. but to no avail.
Thinking that the battery (it is a few years old) might have died during the charging process and couldn't hold sufficient power for a full boot, I ordered a replacement for £15.
I don't know if it's the same for other phones but mine can't boot via USB alone - the battery must be installed and a faulty one would presumably be useless.

I then learned of this update and managed to reset the phone with WDRT, which took several hours because I had to go through WP8, upgrade back to WP10 and then try to get everything back to how it was.....which it now more or less is.
I don't suppose Microsoft are prepared to reimburse those that sent their devices in for repair and maybe lost data......or spent money on parts they didn't need.
Still, not a bad idea to have a spare battery, I guess!

I know there's an element of risk being on the Insider programme but I understand this might have affected other users too....a tad careless on the part of MS, but at least it shows they're still developing the eco-system.

TechJunkie81

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Bit off topic. After I recovered my 1520 with WDRT from this fiasco I decided to leave my 1520 on WP 8.1 for a few days. Well after using it these last few days I can't put Win 10 Mobile back on it. It's just too much of a downgrade. 8.1 works seamlessly, doesn't turn my phone into a grill hot enough to cook a steak and Lumia Camera. I have my old 920 with Win 10 Mobile and I'll use that for Win 10 stuff. WP 8.1 with Denim > Win 10 Mobile.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
There are several reasons they dropped W10 support for the Nokias. ^^That being 1 of them. It was naturally built for WP8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss