What would say bout .exe support on WP?

Martin hfd

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Soo... the title says it all - What would you say if MS brought .exe support at some point in the upcoming updates (8.2;9.0>>)

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
why do we need it?
in fact MSFT is going in opposite direction. by concept of universal apps, MSFT is bringing WP apps to Windows.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I dont think so. They are about to merge windows 8 store with windows phone store. If they chnage it to .exe windows rt which isn't powerful to run desktop class apps will get gates to brick/crash the device.

Martin hfd

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I was just trying to see what people thought about the subject matter.. I know it's a highly unlikely possibility but it popped up into my head a couple of times...
The RT and WP NEED to become one... this is a well known fact. Just trying to see if there are some tinkering options in upcoming updates. :D Thanks guys.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Are you out of your mind? There isn't any problem to implement it, but how are you going to use it? And where's horse power for it?
Buy a tablet

HarkAtYou

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
If they brought support for windows mobile apps that would be good, I used to like playing tomb raider on my XDA, there's no games that come close in the store today.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
An idea that also popped in my mind too many times.

I don't think if they'll ever implement it, but for me it would be a dream come true. Imagine having almost full blown Windows 8 on your phone.

Martin hfd

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
And what about a DVD player implementation? How would I install Diablo II if there's no DVD player in my phone?

There will be USB OTG support so that will be possible (Setup files on to a USB stick or external HDD and done) :p
But seriously.. what is it with these acts of pent up rage and aggression... do you think you're smarter now that you have stated that or did you just use the thread to blow off some steam.... Every freaking time there is some one on every thread that attacks the OP or other members for their questions... Excuse us for we are not intelligent enough to even begin to comprehend the depth of your perception of the modern era! Nor are we worthy!

Last I checked these were forums, meaning places that people can ask questions, explore their curiosity and get answers about something.. I did not say that this feature was coming, announced nor did I provide proof of its existence. I JUST WANTED TO SEE WHAT PEOPLE WOULD SAY! And what you said had no correlation what so ever with the question.

For the love of f*** can no one ask a question without getting insulted about its contents or the way it is written FFS!

Excuse me for the rant, sorry I asked and have a good day!

hermantj

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
There will be USB OTG support so that will be possible (Setup files on to a USB stick or external HDD and done) :p
But seriously.. what is it with these acts of pent up rage and aggression... do you think you're smarter now that you have stated that or did you just use the thread to blow off some steam.... Every freaking time there is some one on every thread that attacks the OP or other members for their questions... Excuse us for we are not intelligent enough to even begin to comprehend the depth of your perception of the modern era! Nor are we worthy!

Last I checked these were forums, meaning places that people can ask questions, explore their curiosity and get answers about something.. I did not say that this feature was coming, announced nor did I provide proof of its existence. I JUST WANTED TO SEE WHAT PEOPLE WOULD SAY! And what you said had no correlation what so ever with the question.

For the love of f*** can no one ask a question without getting insulted about its contents or the way it is written FFS!

Excuse me for the rant, sorry I asked and have a good day!

Come on, it was a joke. I even was trying to make fun of those who were criticising you.
Obviously it wasn't obvious.

And btw I didn't thought about USB OTG. Nice answer.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
exe are for computer, xap is for windows phone, exe usually are a popup windows, like you running any program at windows, while windows phone can only show 1 app per time, cant run all apps in background, so they have different usage, power usage, size and more

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786