What's wrong with the WP community

Status
Not open for further replies.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Sigh, so today we have a lot of people saying unbelievable because their phone isn't getting an unfinished software? The comment section is just unreadable at the moment. I mean, if you're so desperate to get the update why don't you buy a cheap phone and try itb out rather than getting an unfinished software on your $300+ phone and bricking it.

And this is not the only case. Sometimes what people say when they expect developers to make apps for them. Ridiculous!

The WP community (at least judging from most people here) is just toxic and I think its best if the attitude of people (on this site at least) change!

neil hillman

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Loads of people have old handsets that they were willing to try w10 out on , like me running a 930 as daily driver, with a 820 ready to sacrifice, but not supported, how do they expect to get decent feedback

Federico Turban

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
People doesn't have pattience.
C'on, it was already say, it's unfinished software! I don't get it in my Lumia 625 but I'm not crying out because of that.
We need to have more pattience, that's all.
And about how they behave about an App or a developer... God no. Please. Stahp.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Loads of people have old handsets that they were willing to try w10 out on , like me running a 930 as daily driver, with a 820 ready to sacrifice, but not supported, how do they expect to get decent feedback

Before today, the release date of the preview wasn't even known! They will get a decent feedback because it will be released on other devices in a couple of weeks

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site

You make it sound like they simply decided to withhold it from the phones not getting it. I don't know if you read the blog post, but it cannot be installed to those other phones, at the moment. They aren't secretly laughing at us who didn't get it.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why people feel so entitled. They are already doing us a favor letting us be apart of the Dev Preview and Windows Insider. Likewise, we are also doing them a favor, finding and hopefully reporting bugs.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
They should release it to all handsets at same time, you don't find a dell or Samsung laptop being excluded from tech preview
I wish I could formulate a better answer for you but "technical difficulties"

I am guessing they did in fact test it on "all handsets" or at least a representative sample, and found five models which seemed stable enough to use for a public preview, and a whole lot that had one or more problems of the nature to render the device nonfunctional.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
They should release it to all handsets at same time, you don't find a dell or Samsung laptop being excluded from tech preview

Kind sir, 2 post here does not make you an expert on software releases or anything Microsoft does. In the past, we would nave never been shown a early version of a non finished product. You would have gotten it on Official Release day along with the rest of us. By the way, the estimated release day for the finished W10 for Phones is early fall 2015. If you want to wait till then fine. Otherwise respect those of us that MS trusted enough to offer the early version. Our opinions must mean something to MS don't you think.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Kind sir, 2 post here does not make you an expert on software releases or anything Microsoft does. In the past, we would nave never been shown a early version of a non finished product. You would have gotten it on Official Release day along with the rest of us. By the way, the estimated release day for the finished W10 for Phones is early fall 2015. If you want to wait till then fine. Otherwise respect those of us that MS trusted enough to offer the early version. Our opinions must mean something to MS don't you think.
Lol. Wow. You act like they specifically chose you. Lol as if they actually value your opinions more than other people.

They went by phones, not specific people.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
What some of you apologists are missing is that much of this criticism stems from MS waiting until AFTER they said today that the TP would be released today. There is zero chance they didn't know beforehand that high end devices wouldn't be supported first. They should have let people know before hand, you with xxxx devices will have a little longer of a wait. They deserve criticism here.

neil hillman

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I never said I was a expert , but don't you think they should let (idiots) like me take my own risks, that way they will get a far diverse range of feedback

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
What some of you apologists are missing is that much of this criticism stems from MS waiting until AFTER they said today that the TP would be released today. There is zero chance they didn't know beforehand that high end devices wouldn't be supported first. They should have let people know before hand, you with xxxx devices will have a little longer of a wait. They deserve criticism here.

Lol. Why should they have told us earlier? They had no reason to.

We did know this would only be available to a limited number of devices. I don't know if some of you haven't been paying attention or what.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

They did tell us it will be on select devices

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
They did tell us it will be on select devices

So what? They show this off on a Nokia 1520 before. You many die hard have high end devices. Why the hell would you not specifically tell the people expecting to get it first will not be getting it ahead of time?No one expected the high end devices to get left out to start. MS knew before hand and should've said so. There was zero reason not to. Quit defending it

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Lol. Why should they have told us earlier? They had no reason to.

We did know this would only be available to a limited number of devices. I don't know if some of you haven't been paying attention or what.

And again you miss the point. But hats off to you. You're a mighty MS defender of all things. Congrats

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
And again you miss the point. But hats off to you. You're a mighty MS defender of all things. Congrats

Wasn't aware you actually made a point...

I know its commonly accepted while hiding behind a computer monitor, but lets avoid making this personal and tossing out names. There's just no need for it and it tends to make people look unrational and take away from their point.

To the point of this thread, info is out there. Anyone who expected otherwise based their own opinions off nothing. People just need to stop expecting things when the evidence to base said conclusion from, doesn't exist.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The WP community is a microcosm of society in general, we want it right and we want it now! The toxic attitude the OP speaks of is not limited to WP users. Take a peek at the Android forums and you'll see the same kind of impatience regarding the Lollipop release.

I don't know where or when this sense of entitlement took hold but I'd like to see these people having lived during the time when I was a young man in my 20s. You got your check on Friday and you went to the bank. You had to know how much you needed in cash for the weekend because there were no ATMs. Some places were open on Saturday until 12 and most places were closed on Sundays. If you got a flat tire, you better hope you had a good spare and a jack 'cause there was no "roadside assistance". There was no GPS, you better know where you were going and you better be nice if you have to ask for directions. Most cars had AM radios and a few had FM. In other words, bring your own cassettes or 8-tracks and a boom box to play them in. Want to take a picture, bring your Kodak and some 110 or 126 film. Want to share it? Make sure it's a Polaroid 600. Games? Pac-Man was still a few years out, bring Monopoly. Most important, have some dimes and nickels in case you needed to use a payphone. Doing a research paper? Learn the Dewey Decimal System and be prepared to scour through Microfiche files for old press clippings.

Sounds like fun? It actually was. It made you use your noodle. This is what I had to deal with. I'm certainly not bitter since I didn't know any other way. But you can understand why some of the readers in my age group call out the whiners on these boards. Y'all don't know how good you have it, appreciate what Microsoft or anybody else gives you and when they give it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss