What's your Nokia Music Mix?

JethroAtNokiaMusic

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm with LeLee092 on the Nokia Music thing. I've learned how to download Nokia's mixes like EDM, dubstep, and celtic which really isn't all that celtic at all. Are you saying its possible that I can select music from their store so I can create my own mix and not do their pre-configured ones?

Hey hitchhiker90, thanks for the post, i will get my team to look into the Celtic mix and see if we can get it improved for you. You can create your own mixes based on your top artists in the create feature which you can find by swiping across from the mixes section or from the home screen menu, depending on the client version you are rockin. This allows you to search for artists and then seed a mix, this will then create a mix based on tracks by those artists and similar artists.

JethroAtNokiaMusic

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Nice jazz mixes, i'll have to look into some of you choices. You'd think Nokia, since Finland has the highest "death metal" bands per capita, could get their hands on some good stuff. (probably not true but swear I've heard this before)

Hey ultralight23, We have added a metal specific genre group to the US mixes, you now have a selection of tunes based on Alt, Death, Hair, Heavy, Thrash, 80s and 90s Metal. Enjoy :)

JethroAtNokiaMusic

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Thank you SO MUCH for this info. I've been listening to the dubstep mix for the last half hour or so and see what you mean about the "classics/good" tracks. Maybe they just lined up to where it made it seem like they weren't changing. Can't wait for Tuesdays, now!

Hey, the refreshed Dubstep mix is now live. Let me know what you think.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I actually have 6 mixes installed right now (apparently, if you had them installed when the Nokia Music+ test ends, you get to keep all 6, rather than being scaled back to 4).

1. Underoath, Haste the Day, and The Devil Wears Prada
2. Gwen Stacy, As I Lay Dying, and Times of Grace
3. Becoming the Archetype, Before Their Eyes, and The Color Morale (I think; Nokia Music cuts off the third artist)
4. Emery Underoath, and Inhale/Exhale
5. Thrice, Emery, and The Classic Crime
6. Emery, Thrice, and Blindside

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
2- ...one of Nokia's mix, first few songs played were; Lauren Hill, Notorious BIG, Tribe Called Quest (I think).

Haha, just have to point out that last week, my grandma actually apparently decided it was "discuss dead rappers day," despite being in her mid-60s and white. She used the terms "2-pack" and "Notorious Big" (rather than "B.I.G."). I don't like that type of music at all, but it was a great laugh.

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
This is what I've tried so far:

• Thousand Foot Krutch + Sanctus Real + Building 429
  • Silbermond + Luxusl?rm + Nena
  • Eldar Djangirov + Diana Krall + Vince Guaraldi
  • Ozric Tentacles + Explosions In The Sky + Working For A Nuclear Free City

How do you edit a mix you've created? There doesn't seem to be a way to rename it or change one of the seeds.

wiseguywood

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
1. New Order, Prince and the Revolution and Boston
2. Katy Perry, Linkin Park and Orchestral Manoeuvres In the Dark
3. Jimi Hendrix, Wings and the Bee Gees
4. Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and The Rolling Stones

Last edited:

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
When I am going to be away from my WiFi I often download a mix for offline listening. When I do that where does it store the mix, and is it ever erased, so my storage doesn't fill up?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I have an eclectic taste in music. I have just about every genre except hip-hop & heavy metal. My personal favorites are Earth, Wind & Fire, Luther Vandross, Phil Collins, New Order, Depeche Mode, Led Zep, Beatles (required) and some Peter Frampton. I'm also big on 70's disco 'cause that's what I grew up listening to and dancing with the honeys.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte