whatsapp contacts showing numbers instead of names in lumia 950

Jeremiah_tz

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
my phone was ok only few days ago i noticed that in whatsapp (ver 2.17.122) my contacts display number and not names. however, in the people app they have names. Is anyone experiencing similar issue?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't really use WhatsApp, but doesn't it collect contact information (i.e. their name) from the contact list on your SIM card? For example, if the contact is not on your SIM card you get just the phone number. It may be that?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't really use WhatsApp, but doesn't it collect contact information (i.e. their name) from the contact list on your SIM card? For example, if the contact is not on your SIM card you get just the phone number. It may be that?

I never used WhatsApp on Windows phone because I had moved on before I used WhatsApp. However, on iPhone and Android it gets the name from your contact list, whether it's on the SIM (I think, I don't use the SIM to store contacts), Apple contacts, or Google contacts. I moved from Android to iPhone recently, and I use my Google contacts. WhatsApp uses Google contacts on iPhone too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes