WhatsApp for Windows 10 - will it ever exist?

dannypotteer

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Well, WhatsApp said a few months ago that they were working on the WhatsApp version for Windows 10 Mobile.

But, well, this was long ago, I suppose they made a lot of progress, right? So, where is their promised Windows 10 app? Will we just have to keep sticking to the W8.1 one, in which I cannot hide the nav bar or use the action center without a ton of lag?

I even emailed them about this, and they said that they cannot give me an answer for the release date. Really, Windows 10 Mobile has been publicly launched for a month, they already had enough time, since they planned it months ago! I'm really starting to get impatient, since WhatsApp is my main app on my 640. I can't stand the mix of 8.1 in Windows 10...

Same goes for the Facebook Messenger app, I'm really curious which one will be finally updated first...

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Well, WhatsApp said a few months ago that they were working on the WhatsApp version for Windows 10 Mobile.

But, well, this was long ago, I suppose they made a lot of progress, right? So, where is their promised Windows 10 app? Will we just have to keep sticking to the W8.1 one, in which I cannot hide the nav bar or use the action center without a ton of lag?

I even emailed them about this, and they said that they cannot give me an answer for the release date. Really, Windows 10 Mobile has been publicly launched for a month, they already had enough time, since they planned it months ago! I'm really starting to get impatient, since WhatsApp is my main app on my 640. I can't stand the mix of 8.1 in Windows 10...

Same goes for the Facebook Messenger app, I'm really curious which one will be finally updated first...

I was pretty sure that was rewritten in new Win10 API on last updates, app stay on background like new Win 10 API apps.
Maybe is just a compatibility added code

dannypotteer

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, but with the more updates, the slower the app gets on W10. When I press the space to enter the text, the keyboard appears and dissapears for like two seconds. Very annoying. Looks like it is not ready for W10. Isn't it obvious, even design-wise?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, but with the more updates, the slower the app gets on W10. When I press the space to enter the text, the keyboard appears and dissapears for like two seconds. Very annoying. Looks like it is not ready for W10. Isn't it obvious, even design-wise?

When you press the space

?????

dannypotteer

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Not the space bar. The white space where you're supposed to write your text. The keyboard appears and dissapears in a annoying and useless animation for about two seconds... Also, why is the Action Center lagging in Windows 10 but not on 8.1? It is working perfectly fine in stock apps.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Not the space bar. The white space where you're supposed to write your text. The keyboard appears and dissapears in a annoying and useless animation for about two seconds... Also, why is the Action Center lagging in Windows 10 but not on 8.1? It is working perfectly fine in stock apps.

On miy 650 doesn't do that. boh!!!!

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I am also getting this bug.

Sent from mTalk

Are you also on a 640 or 640 XL? Wonder if this is happening on 950 and 950 XLs.

As for the Facebook Messenger app... the inability to make calls from it on the Windows version is one reason my daily driver is now an S7 Edge.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Sure it will come. Facebook is pumping money to Whatsapp teams now, hence the reason for frequent updates in the last 2 months.

dannypotteer

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Well, nice to know W8.1 users won't be left out. But still, this is taking longer than it should. Maybe they want to release it completely bug-free ? Who knows. It better be worth the wait...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo