When are you going to upgrade your servers for this site???

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Nope, we have ultrafast cable internet here, and all other sites load lightning fast except this one. I get the same loading lag whether here at work (shhh), home or on my tablet - or using my phone browser. The WP App however works great.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
well, hate to tell ya, but for me, the site loads quickly at work, my lumia 920, tegra note, surface pro 2, and 3 other computers i use often.... it could be something between wpcentral and your provider or your provider to you.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
While I hate to suggest it, can you try blocking ads to see if that speeds things up? If that still doesn't help, turn it back on please 😊

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Site loads fast on my pcs but in metro on my Surface it is incredibly slow. The ad blockers built in IE do not work on this site for some reason :/

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Nope, we have ultrafast cable internet here, and all other sites load lightning fast except this one. I get the same loading lag whether here at work (shhh), home or on my tablet - or using my phone browser. The WP App however works great.

Try clearing your cache and history. We've made a number of performance enhancements over the past few weeks, and it could be you have some cached files slowing you down.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Turned up my PopUp Blocker in Tools to Full and took the advice to delete cache and history.
While it's not silky smooth loading, it is much better than before, when I'd have to wait 5-10 seconds before I could even scroll through the pages.

Thanks everyone!

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey I just realized something else - posting photos is WAY better on this site than before - much quicker and a nicer status interface. KUDOS to the site managers for this - what a huge difference! Took this yesterday with my 1020 in raw DNG and ran through Lightroom with VSCO full res emulator of Fuji Velvia ISO 50 HC Color Slide film..

PMantisHR.jpg

Bad Bullet

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Definitely ads are a problem. I can't do anything, at home on my SP, work on my workstation, or on my 1020 (if I get linked to the page from another site or reddit), until all ads are loaded. And the ads are so obtrusive it isn't funny. If I'm scrolled down and accidentally click on a blank area of the page, I get shot to some other page. It is just as bad as USAToday's news page, but at least theirs you can start scrolling the page before the ads all load. Seriously, how many ads do you need on a page? I'm counting about 20 different external links on the sidebars alone. Many are repeats, how many times do I need to know about the LG G3 on a single page? 10 times according to your layout. If you don't want us to be blocking your ads so you actually get some revenue, turn it down a bit, would you? I now only go to your site when I'm bored, and have time to wait for things to load. And yes, all history, cookies, etc, all deleted.

Edit: with more testing, the page loads much faster on Firefox and Chrome. On IE11, which I'm using at work right now, it is painfully slow. I can use Firefox on my workstation and SP, but that doesn't help much on my phone.

Last edited:

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@Bad Bullet - We've implemented a number of fixes based on feedback here, so thank you for your comments (keep it coming)...

We're taking a closer look at IE11 as well, as it seems to take issue with certain elements of the site. We want to get it fixed up ASAP for WPC members, not only here, but at ALL Mobile Nations communities.

Thanks for your continued feedback (and patience!).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers