When auto brightness changes to high screen looks grainy + pixelated for a second then adjusts

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
PLEASE READ

The 'grainy' appearance is a FEATURE not a BUG . It is useful in seeing the phone in direct sunlight.
If you dont want this FEATURE, you can TURN IT OFF IF you have portico

Go to settings, display+touch and turn off sun readability.

I tried that and it still happens. i've compared my phone with another 920 with both settings with sunlight readability on and off and my phone with the issue i'm describing still occurs. you don't know what i'm talking about because obviously you don't have the bug. my phone goes so bright it's actually now unreadable. this has gotten worse since i bought the phone.

i'll be able to confirm if Nokia thinks this is a bug because i just sent it for warranty repairs and i'll see what they say in reply.

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
man... folks should research a bit more before making these threads... FACE PALM

ok as pointed out in my above post i still believe this is a bug. plus i created this thread before the portico update was released which then provided the fix/option to turn off the feature so i couldn't have found the answer anyway. fyi i did do research and no one else had posted about this so i started the new thread. try find something on the internets about this issue before the date of my original post.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254