When is Surface Phone 2017 coming?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
There has been nothing official from Microsoft that there is to be a "Surface phone".

We all live in hope that MS has something up it's sleeves in the "Mobile" direction, I for one don't care if its a "Mobile" phone or a small PC that looks like a mobile phone, but I do believe MS have to be in the game otherwise MS will become a seller of cloud space and a dinosaur of the IT world as even Windows will die if they cannot get their act together on the mobile front.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
The real shame is they are/were sooo close with Windows 10 and the cloud, I have a 950XL, a SP4 a desktop (Being retired) and an Xbox One and I can "Almost" work and play across any device with each other device without worrying what device I am working on, but without a mobile presence they stand to lose the lot.

anon(7929613)

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
To be honest, I don't care. I am using my Lumia 720. Replaced it's display last month and it's working really nice. I love the legendary Nokia apps like creative studio, HERE drive, and Lumia Camera besides the fast and fluid performance of WP 8.1 which was and still is the best OS on smartphones (even when compared to Android and iOS)

Stephen Pedersen1

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm with Bob. MS is risking more than their mobile platform by abandoning ship on the mobile platform. Because the iPhone has been such a hit people have been flocking to macbooks now. There is a steady increase in people with iphones switching to macbooks because they want conformity. It's just convenient too to have the same family OS. I don't think MS realizes this. It's like they are always two steps behind Apple in a marathon and stop midway through because they wont be first. fawk first, how about 3rd? That's not bad, you just have to work for it! After my lumia 950 dies I'm jumping ship to Apple, and I'm going to looooooove iTunes. MS's loss.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo