When will official 8.1/Cyan update be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connor Price

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 8.1 roll out HAS begun, I believe

Obviously carriers will have to wait longer, but what does this mean for people with unlocked phones? I'm guessing unlocked phones get the update as soon as their brand finishes their firmware?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

Obviously carriers will have to wait longer, but what does this mean for people with unlocked phones? I'm guessing unlocked phones get the update as soon as their brand finishes their firmware?

As long as they are factory unlocked. If you've unlocked your phone from its original network you would still be at the mercy of that network where updates are concerned.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Interesting that the version numbers on that page:-

▼Windows Phone 8.1

OS version: 8.10.12359.845 or 8.10.12382.878

Are lower than the version for 8.1 DP, which is 8.10.12397.895

Connor Price

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

As long as they are factory unlocked. If you've unlocked your phone from its original network you would still be at the mercy of that network where updates are concerned.

Oh okay. I got mine factory unlocked from Nokia. Hopefully I'll be seeing an update notification in the coming weeks :D

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

At the rate they are going I'll be happy if we get it before the end of August. I have long sence given up checking the update site and scouring the posts for information on when it will arrive as no one knows. Plus the fact as there are so many carriers and models of phones the push date for one is different that the push date for another even if the same model. When it comes; fine. I will put it on my backup 520's and get used to it before I put it on my 820 and my wife's 925. If I have trouble with the 520's then I will leave our daily phones on 8.0 until it is worked out.

anon5878284

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site

At the rate they are going I'll be happy if we get it before the end of August. I have long sence given up checking the update site and scouring the posts for information on when it will arrive as no one knows. Plus the fact as there are so many carriers and models of phones the push date for one is different that the push date for another even if the same model. When it comes; fine. I will put it on my backup 520's and get used to it before I put it on my 820 and my wife's 925. If I have trouble with the 520's then I will leave our daily phones on 8.0 until it is worked out.

You're right. Nokia phones have a track record of receiving updates late. GDR3 was released in November and that's when HTC devices got it. Nokia ones took months. This time as Microsoft has been handling it and Cyan has been in development for months, things might not be that slow. Remember GDR3 preview lasted for just about a week or two before it started rolling out. 8.1 had two months and more.
When you get it, it wil all have been worked out, hopefully.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Wow, this is starting to sound like an Android forum, "When am I getting my Kit Kat??"

Like Fernando said, this is when the product life cycle started. The carriers got the update on the 24th, they still need to test the upgrade, put in their respective apps (bloatware), and (carrier dependent) do a soak test to ensure the OTA works before they push out the OTA to all of their users. Give it a couple weeks.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I wonder if they release it with a great Xbox Music App, if not im throwing it down the toilet before taking a ****

Sadangelman

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
A Microsoft NZ person has posted on a New Zealand technology site called Geekzone that he has been been told that Windows Phone 8.1 will start rolling out for New Zealand in the second week of august.

Sorry i have no link to his post but everytime i try to post the link it keeps getting marked as spam for some strange reason.

hogfan94

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
8.1 update?

I just purchased a new Lumia icon. I was expecting 8.1 to be available but so far that is not the case.

will 8.1 be available for the Icon or is the update just not available to all users yet?

upnort

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: 8.1 update?

Although 8.1 is out there we must wait for Verizon to push it out to us. It'll come. When, who knows! ; )

Sent from my All Series using Tapatalk

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: 8.1 update?

A friend's neighbor works for Nokia and said AT&T will get it first. Verizon is being obstinate and won't release until September (possibly late August). This is due to testing and bloatware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124