When will official 8.1/Cyan update be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

myoujin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Official Update For Windows Phone 8.1

Currently not yet 24 June for USA.
Sent from my RM-937_apac_malaysia_941 using Tapatalk

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
No cyan is Nokia's firmware to go along with 8.1. Devices with DP will also be getting Cyan firmware for Nokia phones

"Starting in summer 2014, Lumia smartphones with Windows Phone 8 will get the Lumia Cyan update. It gives you great new Windows Phone 8.1 features like a more personal Start screen, Action Center and the Word Flow keyboard. At the same time, we'll also bring several enhancements to your Nokia imaging apps - get ready to capture and share your life in exciting new ways."

Source: New Lumia Black Update for Windows Phone 8 - Nokia (While the Lumia Black update is rolling out, get to know some of the great new features that are coming with the Lumia Cyan update.)

Since DP users already have 8.1 they will get the firmware side of things.

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
And that the early WP8 devices, such as the 920 & 520, won't get it at all.

Of course they will. AT&T has been good with WP 8. They only delayed one update, and if I remember correctly it turned out to be a bug in Amber they caught and made Nokia fix before pushing the update.

Conor Mayling

May 15, 2014
Visit site
When is the official release of Windows Phone 8.1 in the UK?

When is the official release of windows phone 8.1 in the UK? Apparently, its supposed to be today on the 24th June in the UK. Do I have to use the preview for developers program to officially have the update, or do i still have to wait a couple more days?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: When is the official release of Windows Phone 8.1 in the UK?

Life cycle start date is the 24th June... Release is totally different and it's entirely network dependant.

While developer preview gets you WP8.1, you don't get the firmware and optimisations that the Cyan update will bring along with it.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

Sorry but this article is not true. They also seem to be fooled by that lifecycle start date. The article is from the 16th of June. As we know - today not any WP release happened. Nowhere on this earth.

three_thoughts

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

The carriers have had it for testing for a while. Lumia 630 is already available to buy so the official 8.1 is already out with Lumia cyan. When it is released for each device will depend on the carrier as always. I would be expecting to be waiting between 1 to 3 months depending on your device and carrier.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

Officially released today (24th June) in the UK but it will depend on your carrier when it gets pushed out. Bad news is that Cortana will not be rolled out until late 2014. Read this on the PC Advisor site today. Windows Phone 8.1 and Cortana | Release date and new features - PC Advisor

The article is wrong, the lifecycle start date is today. Cortana is due in the next couple of weeks or so in the UK not "late 2014".

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: 24 June Update,but today is 25 and nothing

The support lifecycle started yesterday. Actual roll-out of the software is when the networks/carriers decide to.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

" WPCentral will have a blog post available whenever the official 8.1 release is rolled out. "

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Official Update For Windows Phone 8.1

honestly, why do you care when WP8.1 is officially released? just enjoy the developer preview and btw Official release will not suddenly make WP8.1 BETTER in anyways. Sure there will be minor fixes here and there but I don't think most will notice anyways...

Cyan on the other hand might be more interesting.

Dan Andrei

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site

The problem it's that I've updated to Dev preview and i lost my warranty.... And i'm waiting for the official so i can have my warranty back :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney