When will official 8.1/Cyan update be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm hoping that small update to the OS doesn't cripple anything provided with the developer preview like data sense. AT&T sucks in regards to these kinds of things.

Yeah, I'll have to wait a few days after the update goes official, to decide whether or not I'll update to the official release. If they pull data sense and the cyan update replaces my awesome Bing maps with those worthless here maps, I'll definitely stick with the dev preview.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: 24 June Update,but today is 25 and nothing

The problem it's that I've updated to Dev preview and i lost my warranty.... And i'm waiting for the official so i can have my warranty back :D

If you're rocking a Lumia and you feel warranty is very important (and can live without 8.1), then you can download their retail software tool (i think that's the name) and it will let you downgrade back to 8.0 - it puts you back down to the "most recent commercial version available for your device", so from memory that's GDR3+Black. Totally official method and should restore your warranty. Obviously make sure all the data you want to keep is backed up etc.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I'll have to wait a few days after the update goes official, to decide whether or not I'll update to the official release. If they pull data sense and the cyan update replaces my awesome Bing maps with those worthless here maps, I'll definitely stick with the dev preview.

HERE maps is a separate download anyway - I've done a hard reset with 8.1 installed and only Bing maps was installed afterwards. As for Data Sense... didn't that originate from AT&T? Definitely didn't exist on UK Lumias until I think GDR3 hit.

ZhouHao

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Official Update For Windows Phone 8.1

MS is so kinda annoying,it gives no official statements about 8.1
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaiting-------------------------

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
HERE maps is a separate download anyway - I've done a hard reset with 8.1 installed and only Bing maps was installed afterwards. As for Data Sense... didn't that originate from AT&T? Definitely didn't exist on UK Lumias until I think GDR3 hit.

Not on US Nokia phones...no Bing Maps at all (or available as an official separate download). Here+ is the standard offering....but I use Waze.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site

Safe to assume these are unbranded phones? Considering they call it a "Pilot Project" I'm curious what's going on, as that makes me think this is something new. It also didn't specifically mention Cyan firmware, unless I overlooked it. Kinda confused.

Better read the article. There's written that Lumia 925 owners in Finland can visit a store to have their phone updated to 8.1 officially.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site

Lol. I read it. Read the last line. If you had to go into a store to update (not OTA) you wouldn't get a prompt.

There's alot of info missing from that article.

Edit: Yes, I did overlook the mention of Cyan.

LevisLewJob

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
We are still waiting for your feedback on when it will be rolled out.Kindly keep us posted on this. Anybody with an idea of when its being released!?..

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

If I keep the DP option active does anyone know if we will continue to get updates every 2-4 weeks? When available, will it bump the phone to 8.2DP?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site

If I keep the DP option active does anyone know if we will continue to get updates every 2-4 weeks? When available, will it bump the phone to 8.2DP?

You will continue to get DP OS updates until you deactivate it. We may even see small updates, in the DP, between GDR releases. I know there were a few in 8.0 between GDR releases.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site

Must not be many Finnish people on this forum, I'm surprised there's no thread in the 925 section talking about the update. :S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte