When will official 8.1/Cyan update be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: WP 8.1 update India

Maybe mods should merge all these thread into one?...

Also they are still in the transition phase in regards to the d & s acquisition, hence most likely the reason for the pilot.

Rajat Malhotra

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site

Microsoft have scored a serious own goal with the whole 8.1 rollout.
This comes after they've announced 8.1.1 aswell?
The whole thing is a shambles and smacks of serious problems that they won't admit too, yet!
Why random countries, random handsets if all is not well and WHY THE hell go public with 'Windows phone 8.1 coming soon' if it isn't?
Unless of course it's a marketing ploy to p1ss current WP8 users off so they go out and buy into the new 8.1 handsets or am I just being cynical?

there is a reason why Microsoft came up with preview for developers. people who can't wait can get the update easily without waiting. now firmware is totally a diff thing. Blame your OEM for that.

Wameed Iqbal

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Well. I agree MS is making us wait a bit longer than we expected. But at least the update will be available for all smartphones running Windows phone 8. That's a much better case than android where most handsets never receive any updates at all. It'll be worth the wait, though I wish MS releases it sooner than later.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

Hey 🙋 guys may be WP want to release a buggless update for us .so lets wait BTW am on WP 8.1 dp so only Lumia cyn to get which is more to do with pureview devices which my Lumia 820 is not.so am ready to wait for buggless WP 8.1.

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site

Hey �� guys may be WP want to release a buggless update for us .so lets wait BTW am on WP 8.1 dp so only Lumia cyn to get which is more to do with pureview devices which my Lumia 820 is not.so am ready to wait for buggless WP 8.1.

Wait all u want...we will still get the same 8.1 as the DP & firmware as the ones already released....

ambeatz

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

Face it. MS is taking abit too long to roll this update out. Black was rolled out quiet fast. Are they waiting for all of us to use developer preview and void the warranty ? Its like win/win situation.

Shivam Chandel

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

Waiting ain't a big thing, but when windows phone made our hopes high on its twitter account tweeting it will b out in first two weeks, is insanely stupid part of wp....

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Four days have left for the release of cyan update in India as per Microsoft tweet and I don't see that happening soon. This is unfair treatment towards us as we are the one of the largest market for WP. Microsoft are you listening??? We are dying of waiting...

So a couple of days ago, Update Tuesday came and went. However, the first week of July was last week. What is that telling me? They actually saw last week as the last week of June and this week the first week of July. What does that mean? Next week is the 2nd week of July. What does that entitle? Microsoft wasn't wrong, just with weeks how they are, starting in June but ending in July, the update will be next week, or the 2nd week of July. They're not technically wrong, but I guess neither right.

Confusing world were live in.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

The tweet was "first weeks of July", there was no 2.

Same difference, and these sort of timescales are dependant on other factors. Nothing is engraved in stone. it is the nature of software development.
And I would suspect that MS and Nokia wanted to get the new phone launches out of the way. there are only so many hours in the day to do these things.
Whatever people think the WP team does not have hundreds of people working on this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise