where are the high quality games??

rstall#WP

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
wp7 uses xna which is very easy to develop on. where are the games?? we only have one game from gameloft and ea hasnt released a game since the wp7 launch. the games are the only thing holding wp7 back from over taking iphone and andriod in my opinion. one of the big perks to having wp7 was to have xbox live shouldnt we have some top of the line games for it also. im still waiting on a fighting game, im still waiting on a sports game, and no that soccer game wont cut it here in the us.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Idk. But I sure can't wait for them to be released.

Check out ilomilo. Pretty awesome. Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

thomasward00

May 4, 2011
Visit site
My co-worker installed Order & Chaos Online today on his Iphone 4..

YouTube - Order & Chaos Online - The MMORPG for iPhone & iPad: Teaser Trailer

It's a full fledged 3D MMORPG, Microsoft had better wake up and either bribe some developers or get their studios on the ball....

The Iphone and Android are miles ahead in the gaming arena, at this stage in the game Microsoft will have to throw some weight around and spend some cash to get "First Rate" games on the phones.

Without a strong gaming lineup, I'm talking groundbreaking top quality titles, WP7 will nothing more than an also ran.

Where is the Halo FPS?
Where is the Fable RPG?

While the Harvest is good, it isn't groundbreaking.

I know that my Focus hardware can play the same games as an Iphone 4, Microsoft just needs to get companies to start releasing games and or developing themselves.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
We won't see more MMOs until Microsoft starts allowing microtransactions on WP7, which will hopefully be when Mango comes around.

XNA indie games on WP7: Murphid, Square Off, and Armor Valley, so far. More on the way (slowly).

thomasward00

May 4, 2011
Visit site
We won't see more MMOs until Microsoft starts allowing microtransactions on WP7, which will hopefully be when Mango comes around.

XNA indie games on WP7: Murphid, Square Off, and Armor Valley, so far. More on the way (slowly).

XNA indie games won't put WP7 on the map, it's a great filler but Microsoft needs some big title games to compete with the Iphone.

Xbox live is crucial to WP7 being a strong platform, indie games while sometimes great won't define the platform, not with what is currently out for the Iphone and Android.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
True, Gameloft's iPhone games have fantastic graphics. The only WP7 games they've released so far, Earthworm Jim, Uno, Assassin's Creed, and Brain Challenge, range between okay-terrible in the graphics/overall quality departments though. They need to step up to the plate on WP7.

Dark Mirage

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Gameloft already stated a while ago that they weren't interested in Android either. The reasoning being that (and this could be an exaggeration): "We can sell 400 times the amount of software on an iPhone that we could on an Android."

You can bet they're applying that same logic to the Windows Phone. And who can blame them? The market space simply hasn't shown its potential yet. It's not hard to guess that the Windows Marketplace is not moving anywhere near the amount of software Apple's App Store is, nor Android's. And while porting a title would seem to cut down on development costs, it's not always that simple. Especially across various phones.

I'm disappointed in the lack of absolutely killer apps too, but I'm not holding my breath just yet... My personal guess is we won't see a deluge of greater titles until Nokia hits the market. Until then, there simply aren't enough phones on the market to warrant major development of a Windows game.

Until big developers take the platform seriously, our only hope, really, are indie developers who have a passing interest in the platform.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
But Gameloft has N.O.V.A on the G2x, it's even on the posters and they signed a deal to make games to the Playstation Phone ( Which quite frankly, I hope it bombs ).

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I would love to have one of those Playstation phones. I hope it does well. I am looking forward to the convergence of devices. Sony has lost an awful lot of good will here lately though.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm never being a fan of Sony. I never like them in the first place but I have being working in from of a Sony Store for more than 3 years and their advertising is so pretentious it gets on my nerves.

Dark Mirage

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Meh, Gameloft will dabble here and there regardless of what they say. They just won't throw their full weight around on other platforms. One or two games is not "support". And for all we know Sony is paying Gameloft through a contract or something. Too hard to say.

Still, as far as the Xperia Play goes, I'd love to see MS do something similar to the WP.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Meh, Gameloft will dabble here and there regardless of what they say. They just won't throw their full weight around on other platforms. One or two games is not "support". And for all we know Sony is paying Gameloft through a contract or something. Too hard to say.

Still, as far as the Xperia Play goes, I'd love to see MS do something similar to the WP.

I would love that too. Let's hope they give it a shot in a year or two.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I saw a phone the other day that was very similar to the Xperia Play, but it had an actual recessed analog stick. Looked awesome. I can't find the picture now. :/

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
An analog? maybe it was the Engage lol. I liked the Engage idea but the Iphone did it better, I wouldn't mind a sexy Xbox phone.

White with a green steel plate on the back, give it a white+green theme and you have one interesting looking phone.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
An analog? maybe it was the Engage lol. I liked the Engage idea but the Iphone did it better, I wouldn't mind a sexy Xbox phone.

White with a green steel plate on the back, give it a white+green theme and you have one interesting looking phone.

N-Gage just had a crummy d-pad. (I owned the slim N-Gage.) Better than touch screen, but probably not as good as Xperia's solution.

Congrats on getting Pac-Man CE DX! Hope you enjoy it.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
that xperia play looks fattttttttttt! no thanks. i choose virtual keyboards because having physical keys adds bulk. so i wouldn't want a gaming controller replacing the keyboard. heck, that might make it a thinner phone if had just had a physical keyboard.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750