Where can I still buy 950 XL?

johnny77777

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the market for a new phone as my Lumia 950 XL was damaged. Where in Europe (or US that would ship to me in Europe) can I purchase a new Lumia 950 XL? Not interested in a used or refurbished, only brand new in box and none of the shops whatsoever here carry the device any longer.

Is Amazon in Europe my only option or can someone recommend me anywhere else?

I see them on Ebay but very stand offish there with the nightmare reviews and stories I've seen, even when purchasing a "new" phone.

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
obviously amazon would be the best bet, and I was gonna give you a few places where you can buy it, but you are correct - they all seem to not stock them or "discontinued" (ffs, its not that old!)

I am selling my 950xl on ebay, but I hope those reviews don't put you off. I guess follow ebay safety guidelines - like make sure seller has a decent amount of feedbacks (and check the sellers history to make sure not just buying a 1 inch telly bear or something really low cost). I guess ensure its unlocked, and if any luck, ask for a receipt so its not an upgrade. I probably be wary of upgrade phones cos I suppose the seller could stop their contract and cause the phone to be blocked. Pay via paypal probably a good idea. And ask questions - if they can't be bothered to reply, then forget them.

Incidentally, I hope not everyone feels a bit afraid of ebay cos I am trying to flog my perfect conditioned 950xl with dock!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm in the market for a new phone as my Lumia 950 XL was damaged. Where in Europe (or US that would ship to me in Europe) can I purchase a new Lumia 950 XL? Not interested in a used or refurbished, only brand new in box and none of the shops whatsoever here carry the device any longer.

Is Amazon in Europe my only option or can someone recommend me anywhere else?

I see them on Ebay but very stand offish there with the nightmare reviews and stories I've seen, even when purchasing a "new" phone.

I'm not in Europe but in a lot of places, new ones are nowhere to be found. I wish you good luck with your search.

greg10e

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Not easy to find a 950XL.
I bought a near-new one from someone on eBay after I broke my previous one. Got a good phone at a good price. Think the best option is to look for a similar situation. Some people are panicking and going over to Google, so you may find a good 950XL if you search long enough.
Damn shame MS stopped making these - they are a fantastic device.

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Not easy to find a 950XL.
I bought a near-new one from someone on eBay after I broke my previous one. Got a good phone at a good price. Think the best option is to look for a similar situation. Some people are panicking and going over to Google, so you may find a good 950XL if you search long enough.
Damn shame MS stopped making these - they are a fantastic device.

Yeah, eBay is our only friend now, unfortunately.

Cheers

johnny77777

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
So after all, it looks like Iim leaning toward Ebay at this point. Reason being is that I'm looking at 500-600 Euros on the various European Amazons for either the 950 or 950 XL. Or then a fraction of the price at about 200 EUR (230 US Dollars) on Ebay apparently brand new in original box/packaging.

So what's the catch? Am I likely looking at Chinese knockoffs or what? I mean there are several here that still have 10+ in available. I've asked a few of them if they are genuine Microsoft Lumia products, brand new in original packaging. All come back saying that's the case. I feel like there's a catch or something I'm missing or are these genuine suppliers of the phone? They've got both AT&T and International variants available, so just wondering why/how these Ebay sellers are sitting there with all this apparently brand new genuine Microsoft stock of Lumia 950/950XL devices when they're no where to be found anywhere else.

Any input or suggestions? I'm ready to order but a bit hesitant thinking I'll get some clear knockoff coming back to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon