Where is Daniel Rubino?!??

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
He's definitely around. I read something recently that he wrote. Perhaps he is busy working on a big project.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Probably recovering from the beerfest in Germany :smile:
...kidding of course!

Naw he's around...
He wrote an article about BLU phones on the 7th and he's even posted in the forums recently.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
lol, hey guys...

First off, no not fired. I am still here, still Editor in Chief and that is not changing anytime soon. Promise (or I guess I'm making a threat, if you do not like me, lol) If anything, things are getting much better.

Second, I actually have written quite a few of the biggest stories for the site in the last few days, including a mini-review of the BLU Win JR with a 13 minute video and a dozen high res photos. Articles like that take hours to do, they're not trivial. You can see the recent list below:

recent.PNG

Third, as alluded to above, yes, yeah over the weekend I did take some downtime. Flying to NYC then to Berlin and back again with three days while covering an event is exhausting. Live blogging itself is a tiring and technical act (DSLR connected to PC to auto import photos into Lightroom, downsize, watermark, insert) plus typing.

Fact is, as the EiC of this site, I often write too much. My job should be more about delegating work to the staff, planning, emailing people, arranging things, getting embargos set up, and tackling the big stories/editorials/reviews. Often, I am so overwhelmed even with daily news, I fall behind on much of that. With John Callaham on our news team now, and Rich Edmonds in the early AM, it is helping tremendously. You may notice that I often do the final editing of titles and even still supply many of the lede photos you see for the articles posted aka behind the scenes work.

I put a lot of time into this site, often too much (though it is worth it and it has paid off in site traffic). For two years, I used to do this while also being a full-time sleep technician in NYC. Now things are better, but I still "punch in" 10 AM to 6 PM ET every day, often working later (which is why I post sometimes at 1 AM if a story breaks).

Hope that explains some things! I have not had a vacation since 2007, so sometimes you may see me drop off for awhile as that is as close as I can get ;) Although this is a dream job, it is still work, and you can burn out from time to time. Plus, since I moved to MA a six months ago, I have my closest friends now within 30 minutes, so I tend to go out more and enjoy life on occasion ;)

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey I know you are busy, but I might tell you we are having problems on WPcentral app. We aren't able to open any thread in forums, it says 'Error getting thread, tapatalk API was not valid'. Since two days we are getting this problem, it would be great if you along with wpcentral community could try & fix it as soon as possible. Thanks in advance

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Fact is, as the EiC of this site, I often write too much. My job should be more about delegating work to the staff, planning, emailing people, arranging things, getting embargos set up, and tackling the big stories/editorials/reviews.

Hmm..... I couldn't help but notice that doing podcasts isn't on this list.... But that's none of my business

Lol I kid, we all appreciate the work

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hmm..... I couldn't help but notice that doing podcasts isn't on this list.... But that's none of my business

Lol I kid, we all appreciate the work
Have you caught Windows Weekly on Twit TV? Daniel's been a guest several times, and he's done a great job.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Have you caught Windows Weekly on Twit TV? Daniel's been a guest several times, and he's done a great job.

True enough, but there hasn't been a podcast episode for the site since March, and it's not like there hasn't been plenty to talk about. Not judging, just saying because I care. I really, really miss it. :(

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Told you he was alive!

Seriously though, Dan and team do an amazing job. They're often up to their eyeballs in stuff, so if you ever have any site concerns or questions, feel free to shoot over to me direct. Always happy to help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa