Where is WhatsApp calling ?? ... It's really frustrating now !!

Kizzy Catwoman

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
It is pathetic from a company that charges for its app. My mum will not use the other messaging services, except viber cos that has calling. But she prefers whatsapp and she is stubborn about that. Line, Skype, viber all manage calling but whatsapp takes your subscriptions for what?

Kizzy Catwoman

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Dear Support,

There are a lot of very exasperated subscribers to your service on windows phone 8.1

We do not get your app for free, unlike viber, line and skype. Yet you cripple our experience and treat us like illegal immigrants on your service (2nd class citizens).

Whatsapp is critical for my connection with my old pen friend in Germany. I am grateful for your service. But the lack of whatsapp call is a cause for concern. The other services I mentioned all have a call feature. Viber even allows you to throw your call between their desktop/ Windows app and your phone backwards and forwards. I know we lack the video feature atm, but you lack even the calls.

My mother (68 years old) is not very technologically minded and uses just the bare minimum on her android phone. But she has whatsapp calm and thought I was ignoring her by not taking her calls. She did not receive a message to let her know that her daughter's service was telephonically impaired and that I would NEVER be able to answer her with my current firmware. She could not understand that I did not have such a basic feature that she uses daily. In the end she reluctantly called me through Viber and actually managed to connect with me audibly.

With the new SDKs from windows and the ability to port your apps from Crapzoid and IdiotOS directly to Windows 10, I hope that this kind of demonising of your clientele on the superior Windows platform will be at an end. In the interim please bring the call feature to our service and prove that you are not racially prejudiced against the Windows race after all.

I write this email with the kindest of intentions and some humour in the attempt that you will realise that Windows Phone users don't have two heads and a tail. We are human too.

Kind regards,

Kirstein.

Kizzy Catwoman

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
That letter I just sent them may explain it.

Some people on android do not use Skype on their phones. I find skype on that platform fairly laggy. But I know a lot of people use whatsapp since the days of blackberry and the extra that had to be paid for BBM. Also in the UK the job centre now often ask claimants to have whatsapp to communicate with potential employers. So many people use it. I prefer viber over all of the services and my daughter is obsessed with Skype cos she uses it on her laptop.

Skype keeps letting people contact me anonymously even though I have a message saying no anonymous requests and constantly having to block people is driving me nuts. Whatsapp is cleaner as it only has the contacts you add to your phone. No ads. And less bandwidth. There are a lot of reasons not to use skype over whatsapp. Especially the anonymous requests.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Whatever makes you happy I guess.

I don't think the letter was all that great but it's up to you how you wish to tell multi billion companies you use their services. With the meagre 3% market share or WP you can see why they tend to do things last. WP will get it eventually. They've been mostly good with their updates. Unlike Instagram.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes