Which 10" Windows tablet do you own?

Garry Williams1

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I got the Dell Venue 8 Pro, Windows 10 on it is a 1 and I'm being nice. Windows 8.1 is far better on tablets, the Morons at Microsoft doesn't seem to think tablets matters because tablet mode is useless on 10. They went backwards, 8.1 was for on screen touch and now 10 if for mouse and keyboard. Read my post and you'll get the full picture.

silversid2

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I got the Dell Venue 8 Pro, Windows 10 on it is a 1 and I'm being nice. Windows 8.1 is far better on tablets, the Morons at Microsoft doesn't seem to think tablets matters because tablet mode is useless on 10. They went backwards, 8.1 was for on screen touch and now 10 if for mouse and keyboard. Read my post and you'll get the full picture.

Where is your post?

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I have a linx 10

Really like it, replaced my iPad and is a fraction of the price.

Pros
Split screen
fast
full apps

cons
edge struggles to process websites with a lot of adds
touch screen keyboard crashes frequently
battery life average
screen rotation frequenly stops working.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Which 10" Windows tablet do you own?

i have the acer one 10 i just bought black friday couple issues disconnecting with wifi maybe a couple times a day but overall i love it. i needed a laptop to replace my old one that died on me.

only complaint is the ac charger (no micro usb port for charging) and it seems to charge slow. minor issues tho

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
257 views and only 4 replies, is this site just for phones?

Yes it is primarily for phones. It used to be called Windows Phone Central, so it got a lot of fans of the phones. It did get renamed Windows Central to fold in tablets, Xbox, etc. But it has always had people here gravitating towards the phones.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes it is primarily for phones. It used to be called Windows Phone Central, so it got a lot of fans of the phones. It did get renamed Windows Central to fold in tablets, Xbox, etc. But it has always had people here gravitating towards the phones.

We are trying to expand the board. With Windows 10 our audience is broadening rapidly and I see staff and members embracing the additional content. Certainly the Blog staff is doing a tremendous job on broadening their coverage.

Recently we added a Desktop Area: http://forums.windowscentral.com/#windows-desktop-pcs

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
FWIW... My tablet is a Nokia Lumia 2520 running Windows RT 8.1.

I think it was a great value. I bought in this past spring or summer for about $130. After accessories maybe closer to $200. I added a Poetic Folio case, Fintie Bluetooth keyboard, Microsoft Arc Bluetooth mouse and a cable kit that includes micro 3.0 to full size 3.0 USB adapter and a screen protector..

Why do I like it?

I'm not a power tablet user. The hardware is basically a 1520 phone with a Full HD 10.1" screen. The battery life of the 8120 mAh battery is phenomenal and it charges stupid fast. The screen is crisp and very easy on the eyes. Expandable SD slot is always a must and the SIM tray is a bonus at the price these have fallen to. Office 2013 on the tablet is yours for life. How much is that worth?

I'm not an App-a-holic and the RT platform is fine by me. I can consume media, waste time with some games... And if I need a light rig to take on the road, I'm all set. I can be pretty productive on the 2520.

The update to a 10 style Start Menu makes the device feel similar enough to my laptop that I don't have to change habits when I use it. That was a big improvement when it came this past fall.

My only regret? No pen support. I did have a Dell Venue 8 Pro awhile back and the pen was nice. I never did too much with it other than as a lightweight mouse substitute though. When I got my 1520, the 6" screen kind of made the 8" Dell a bit redundant and I gave it up. Still a pen is a nice toy on occasion.

If you don't want to break the bank and you are looking for a more casual rig, IMHO a gently used 2520 is still a viable option.
Nokia Lumia 2520 - Full tablet specifications

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Well, I took the plunge with a windows tablet. I didn't want to spend a fortune, so after shopping around I found one with a bay trail quad core @1.8 ghz, 2gb ram, 32gig on board and 1280x800(?). It seems to be a Pegatron. Ok, it's only 32bit, but it flies along. Also included 1 yr Office 365 and w10. How much for this?? Less than ?50!! Almost identical specs to the hudl2 android tab, but it is way quicker! It isn't a surface, but I'm not complaining!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yoga 2 8 inch. I posted my pros and cons in the Yoga forum. Still rocking Windows 8 though. I'm surprised how fast it is. I wanted to be lazy and do my class work on the couch. I had no problems with 2 Word documents, a pdf, metro IE, desktop IE, and several tabs open. It really is quite cool. I also had a Bluetooth keyboard and USB mouse attached.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
What brand did you get?

It says Bush on the tab and keyboard. It's the same as the Curry's one, the lynx one. No way is it comparable to a ?500 one, so don't expect too much or you will be disappointed.

As a browser and general machine it is great. Mine is running a full desktop win10, or you can go tablet mode. Includes Bluetooth 4, WiFi etc. Has a mic so Cortana works well, and a mini hdmi and mini usb along with an SD card slot. They only cope with 32gb card, but I won't use it all. The touchscreen is pretty accurate as well. Just restored my 1320 using it and went well. Despite the listing in Argos saying quad 1.8ghz, that's burst. Runs 1.3ghz. Annoyingly the 8 inch, which I also have, runs 2 gig ram, this one runs 1gb, although I haven't managed to get it to stumble yet. The 8" doesn't run a keyboard, but for ?60 what do you expect! Both come with win 10 upgrade AND... 1 year 365!!

So there you go, cheap as chips, does a job, cheap enough for the kids to mess around with. A word of warning, if you have to restore, make sure you keep you files etc. If you go for a completely fresh install, you may run into issues with the screen driver. Luckily I saved it. Some people haven't and buggered it. Luckily Argos are pretty good with returns.

Bbeelzebub

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
HP Pavilion X2 10-n113DX. I got it on sale for 224 on Christmas Eve. I came from having an Android tablet and well.... I've come to the realization that Android tablets suck (Which I came to that realization a couple years ago actually.) I was trying to find a relatively inexpensive Windows Tablet with a good form factor. I don't need a Surface as I already have desktops, laptops, etc... Just something light, portable, with a nice form factor. Something I can take in the car, carry to a friend's, use for browsing around the house, etc. It was love at first site. So far, I'm really happy with this purchase. It is what I always wanted my netbook or my tablet to be. The best of both worlds really. They really upped the build quality on this IMO. The magnetic hinges are the simplest thing imaginable and I'm surprised everybody isn't doing this.

c04794845.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99