Who do you dislike more, google or apple?

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't really care about Apple, since they were the ones who made touchscreen smartphones popular. They were first to actually encourage developers to develop for their platform successfully. They were the ones who forced Microsoft, Nokia and RIM to innovate. They are the ones to actually stand up against the blatant patent thieves of the industry (Samsung), and win (once). Plus, they have had success under Steve Jobs. So, to a certain extent, I admire Apple.

As for Google, they can rot in a corner. If you hate Google, use Youtube all day with Adblock Plus, and don't click on the recommended links. Trust me :)

I only YouTube on my phone and I use 3rd party apps. I'm not giving them one red cent!

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I dislike their practices about equally. Though with Apple I think they and their fans have been humbled lately to a degree so I don't care much about them anymore.

At the moment Google is probably the more annoying company. Their sneaky tactics and love for data just can't be ignored. That and Google fans have surpassed Apple fans on the annoying ****** meter. They have some kind of insecurity where they need to tell everyone how superior their products are and throw around tech specs, sales figures any time you question Android.

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
google, because apple and Microsoft don't seem really interested in your data unlike google. Google seems to constantly try to hide that they want your data, I mean that is what a company whose main product is a SEARCH engine wants is data. Also, I just really dislike android and my problem with google is they have no overall design. What I mean by that is gmail, android, chrome and their web apps don't seem to share the same ui where apple's and Microsoft's products do. I just dislike google products, like chromebook and android tablets like the nexus 7 because they are cheap, not because they are good. As someone that sells computers, it always seems to disappoint me how people really only care about price and not quality. I get complaints that 300$ is too much to spend on computers and I laugh, and laugh, and laugh...ah good times.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Why hate either one? Apple is 100% committed to quality products. Google is a bit lamentable in their scatter-shot approach to products. Microsoft has been really bad in terms of quality until recently and are far more deserving of opprobrium.

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Why hate either one? Apple is 100% committed to quality products. Google is a bit lamentable in their scatter-shot approach to products. Microsoft has been really bad in terms of quality until recently and are far more deserving of opprobrium.

I don't get the Apple hate either. That company is delivering whether you like it or not. People go on about blind apple fanboyism, but then you look and see this accusation comes from loyalists for a company that is still working on ironing out problems for their phone platform 2 relaunches and years later? Huh??

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't think much of the Apple hate is directed at the company itself but the whole culture around Apple products. It mostly stems from the smugness and 'holier than thou' attitude that most Apple fans, and employees have.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
You'll have to explain it to me some time Paladin.

Both "Location, Location, Location" and "Relocation, Relocation" were TV shows in the UK. The former was for those trying to get their foot on the property ladder (I think) and the latter for those trying to move up it (again, I think that's the case)

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
This definitely deserves a poll! I dislike Apple more than I dislike Google. If WP8 went belly up, I would get an Android device.

I want choice in hardware, I don't like the one size fits all Apple or their proprietary connectors.

nube_android

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't have as many apple products now, but I still like my iMac. The thing is, I don't use Apple because it's "hip" and I know plently others like me. They got us into the touchscreen wordl of smartphones, and they act like they own it (they don't) but at least they don't entirely, blatantly, shamelessly rip off another OS. (GOOGLE) (ANDROID)
Not to mention Google and it's data mining.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans