Who has a Lenovo Miix2?

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
FINALLY! The king of PC's finally have a thread for its minion Miix 2. However, I will hold until the issues have been fixed.

OldDogSparky

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, there's about 8-9 GB free. I removed the McAfee and a few other items to boost that to 10 GB. I'm trying to decide if I want to keep mine, but I may move to the 64 GB model as well. Nice tablet though.

NokFromApp

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed that it is available at best buy.
Type Lenovo Miix in the search bar on bestbuy.com. Seems like its also available in a lot of stores. I will be visiting the one close to my house tomorrow

John Wiskowski

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
FINALLY! The king of PC's finally have a thread for its minion Miix 2. However, I will hold until the issues have been fixed.

What issues? I had one for review and testing. After testing various Windows and Android devices, I just purchased one. It is avery nice device. Coworker has a Dell Venue 8 Pro. the Lenovo Miix 2 is lighter and screen produces more accurate colors. I also like the availability of a reasonably priced smart cover, versus the Dell's over priced folio case.

studenttech

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Users have been reporting issues with the built in keyboard , and the wifi signal is worst than Dell.
Can you confirm it ?

Last edited:

John Wiskowski

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I had one unit for review in early November. That unit had some issues with the capacitive Windows key, weaker than desired 5GHz signal strength, and on screen keyboard performance. A full refresh eliminated some of the issues. Standby battery life was so so.

My newer unit that I just got this week has substantially better 5GHz signal strength and throughput. However, the on screen keyboard can be very troublesome. Other times it is not too bad. The capacitive Windows key is better once you get used to it.

I am hoping a firmware or other update can help with the keyboard. Calibrating and regedit hacks don't work. The recent battery hot fix seems to have worked for the battery. I have great standby time now.

However, it also has issues shutting down properly. It'll look kike it is off but it never really shutdown. Only witnessed during a restart.

I am doing to try the Dell but it is less appealing to me than this Lenovo. I like having the lightest and thinnest tablet of the bunch. The Toshiba is too heavy and the Acer not yet shipping.

John Wiskowski

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I completed a full refresh. Everything is working better. I think the key is to get the firmware updates first then refresh the PC. Starting clean then seems to alleviate the issues. They keyboard is better. I no longer have the restart or shutdown issue either. I'll update after some more usage.

John Wiskowski

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
A full refresh ended up not solving the problem with freezing. However, I disabled encryption. That seemed to do the trick! All that is left outstanding is the glitchy keyboard.

smithtoo

Feb 4, 2008
Visit site
i just ordered one today, best buy has the 64gb on sale for 299. the price i paid for the 32 gb dell

i can keep the dell at work since i use it for notetaking and carry the lenovo with me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077