Who has a Lenovo Miix2?

smithtoo

Feb 4, 2008
Visit site
mine came yesterday. i installed like 20 updates and then uninstalled mcafee and all the lenovo bloatware. after an hour everything was to my liking. i havent had any performance issues

hymc292

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the miix2 64GB version & have no standby power on or glitchy keybord issues as reported earlier. Mounted a 64GB microsdxc into c drive & installed Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop & Illustrator CS6 without problem. Also had the GPS working with a free navigation software Navigator Free | mapFactor, s.r.o.

hannibalmoot

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 64g for about a week now and I love it. I've had no problems with keyboard or wifi, or anything really. Seems quite stable.

If I had a complaint, it would be that it's a bit slick to hold. I have a case on order but the naked tablet would be better with a textured back of some kind (like a Nexus 7).

This is also my first experience with Windows 8. Although the modern ui apps are nicer to work with at this size of tablet, I couldn't imagine choosing just an RT tablet. I was waiting for a full Windows tablet for a good price so this was it. I definitely would not have been happy with just the RT apps so I'm glad I waited.

smithtoo

Feb 4, 2008
Visit site
My miix develop a crack in the screen near the power button. Luckily I can claim shipping damage and send it back. I will probably get the think pad 8

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 64g for about a week now and I love it. I've had no problems with keyboard or wifi, or anything really. Seems quite stable.

If I had a complaint, it would be that it's a bit slick to hold. I have a case on order but the naked tablet would be better with a textured back of some kind (like a Nexus 7).

This is also my first experience with Windows 8. Although the modern ui apps are nicer to work with at this size of tablet, I couldn't imagine choosing just an RT tablet. I was waiting for a full Windows tablet for a good price so this was it. I definitely would not have been happy with just the RT apps so I'm glad I waited.

I think you made a good choice. I would have gotten the mixx but i require micro hdmi. I got acer iconia w4 instead which is good also.

RAdamHadAMeal

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Really amazing. I was surprised. PJ64 runs beautifully and so do a lot of Steam games. I'm playing Fez right now and its running a lot better than I expected. I do suggest getting Intel's Turbo boost technology program to bump it up to 1.86 and reduce the minimal lag. Though truthfully I've yet to run in to anything major.

1iam5mith

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
The battery on mine would drain so quick. Even when left idle or while sleeping. Also sometimes when I unlock the tablet the screen is completely unresponsive. Won't relock screen, won't register any touch, but still adjust the orientation when you turn the tablet and the windows key still vibrates, but not doing anything ....

Took the tablet back for an exchange. But not sure whether to open this new one or get a Surface 2 instead. Was considering a 1st gen Surface Pro but the battery life is just far to bad on that for me :/

remmo

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Got mine about 1 month ago. The touchscreen started to fail, and now is useless. I learned that there's a driver issue, and removing it from the device manager and reinstalling solve the problem temporary.

chefster74

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I got mine a couple of weeks ago. As a chef that was taken to work in another state for 12 days, I wanted to have a bigger screen than my Windows 928 phone to see my recipes on. I haven't really had a lot of time to mess with it. It did lock up on me once and nothing would turn it off. I let it run the battery down and recharged it and it hasn't done it again. I got 10 gigs after getting rid of a few things that I had read about on here (love the wpcentral forums) and it has a 32 gig card in it. I had a difficult time connecting to the wifi where I was, but I kept at it and finally got connected. I've had some difficulty touching bookmarks and getting the right one and I don't have fat fingers! I have a stylus, but maybe I can find one that's a bit smaller to more easily get where I want to go. I've been on the fence about keeping it and actually have been given the opportunity to return it to Tiger Direct after I called Tiger and complained about a few things. It's been days since I called them and have come to like it more. Yeah, I suppose I should have spent more and gotten the 64 gig, but I'm not much of a gamer and don't need to have a ton of stuff on it. I haven't taken any pix with it yet and my phone has a better camera than this tablet, so I'll have too see how they look. As for the keyboard, I'd love to see swype on it. I looked briefly in the store but didn't see the actual app. It would make it much better, love it on my phone. I did buy a wifi keyboard and mouse which connected with ease as did my BT speaker, which is necessary if you want to hear some volume as the tablet doesn't play loud enough. I'd like to be able to use the Mixx to save battery life on my phone. Sadly where I live and work both have crap for signal on my phone so it barely makes it a day, but still way better than any of the Android's I've owned (All 6 of them starting with Verizon's Thunderbolt and ending with their Rezound in a year) and I'd never own an ifruit. I have a case that I got on Amazon that arrived while I was gone. While the device fits perfectly in it I can't figure out how to make it sit sideways for larger viewing yet. The temporary case I got for it to take on the trip said it would fit a 7-8" device. I'd say 7-7/12" would be more like it and I thought I'd return it, but unlike the new one, it sits sideways just fine, with 3 positions. So I'll go back on Amazon and see if there's any pix of how the thing can sit sideways as I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have gotten it if it wouldn't. So here's my bottom line:
I've looked at all of what I've written and I believe I've talked myself into keeping this. Honestly for a couple hundred bucks I feel it's worth it!

Jorge2912

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I have a lenovo Miix 2 and is great, Works great the unique problem is that sometimes camera application no shows image and appear blue screen and reboot again , is stable the Tablet and very good i got 64gb versi?n and is fast , i have not problems with Windows 8,1 ,starts as fast as a cheetah ,almost inmediately and that is amazing, is light weight and all devices are compatible from keyboards to cameras , memory expansion is great , things that i did no seen on a ipad , i had android os based tablets and had to wait minutes for that starts and load all the applications .

by the way is a Tablet PC , remember that since 6 or 8 years ago Microsoft has invented the concept of Tablet .

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have one. I like it. Feels good in the hands...it's pretty slippery though. 😊 I admit, though, that I like my DV8P better, but the Miix 2 is a very nice tablet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs