Who has no scratches on their camera bezel?

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I thought I would post something not about performance or let downs. I have had my phone for about 2.5 weeks now and run it w/out a case or any sort of protection. I have no scratches on my camera bezel that I can find.

I have always been pretty careful with my phones, but the stories about just how fast this thing is supposed to scratch scared me a little. I am pleasantly surprised thus far.

Anybody else?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I scratched mine all up in the first week so when I swapped mine yesterday I got a Zag skin for my new one. I'm not scratching this one.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Mines scratched up, but I don't care. I knew it would get scratched as soon as I saw it was high-gloss chrome. I don't baby my phones though, I only have the minimalist bumper thing on it that runs around the outside.

IMO a phone is meant to be used, it's going to get scuffed up over the course of it's useful life. Kind of unavoidable. I take care of my stuff, I don't drop the phone all over the place, but this is not the kind of thing that concerns me at all.

I have heard of a few people putting a bit of tape or protection on it and cutting around it, if it's an issue, people might try than.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
the att dude at the store pulled his out of his pocket and showed all the scatches he had. He was showing it as an example to buy a Zagg skin.

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the original "plastic" cover still on the chrome bezel. Also, I have a ZAGG screen protector on, and the Nokia thin black case on. No scratches anywhere.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Even before I got mine I knew it was going to get all scratched up. I don't use a case so in fact it is pretty scratched up. This pretty much reminds me of apple ipods, Nokia should have done a better job on the camera bezel.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
mine has one small scratch on it, but I've gotten over the idea of protecting the chrome strip, while I don't put my phone in the same pocket as my keys or change, I don't super baby it.

I do tend to put it screen side down when I put it on hard surfaces, so whatever little i'm doing is doing a decent job of avoiding a ton of scratches.

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I stand corrected, under the exact right angle and lighting conditions there is one tiny scratch.

7107373505_eb723394c6_b.jpg

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Just cleaned mine with a microfiber cloth and there are some tiny scratches right below the lens. Not sure how they got there. Put a black bumper on mine a few seconds after my rep handed it to me. Use a belt case, but with the bumper the bezel is good 3/32" away from harm. Not gonna worry about it though. It's a phone, not a Rolex.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
No case, no scratches here. That said I've been taking pretty good care of it. Never set it down on it's bareback on a table, always put a cloth under it or something.

pecuevasb

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Man, the first thing I did after peeling the sticker off the back was apply a piece of ZAGG InvisibleSHIELD. No scratches here!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss